What size wire is this?

/ What size wire is this? #1  

Superduper

Platinum Member
Tractor
John Deere 3120, Kubota BX2350, Deere X740
Can anyone tell the size of the main wire? The size is printed on the black sleeve which is in the conduit and not visible. I placed a length of 8-gauge to compare to. Someone here very familiar might recognize it?

image-628374199.jpg

I'm trying to determine if I have enough capacity in this box to power a miller dialarc 250 w/o PFC.

/ What size wire is this? #2  
Seriously? :confused: Nobody can tell you what it is from that picture, with any sort of certainty. And I wouldn't trust anyone's response who would answer it! What is the main breaker on the panel or feeding the subpanel (whichever this is)?

/ What size wire is this?
It's a legitimate question. An electrician would be able to tell from experience by the difference in size from the 8-ga pictured next to it... I think.

It is a subpanel and the main breaker is 100 amp. I think the supply cable is 4-gauge.

/ What size wire is this? #4  
It's simple - The Black stuff is, 10 AWG Solid Copper 600V THHN / THWN E23919

/ What size wire is this? #6  
it could be either a #2 or a #4, but its too hard to tell in that picture.

/ What size wire is this?
Well, I measured it but the results is inconclusive. I think it's 2-guage. Measures thinner than 2 but thicker than 4. But on the other hand, I measured the 8-guage (that one I know for sure because it's marked) and it measures a bit thinner than the chart too. So either the caliper I'm using is not calibrated perfectly or the wires are manufactured thinner than they used to. :confused: All the charts I see mentions that stranded diameter varies.

/ What size wire is this? #8  
Hey SuperDuper what was the answer?

RC