welding table slots

/ welding table slots #11  
k0ua said:
yeah that whole stronghand table and clamps system is way cool, but too much $ for me. Now if I was trying to make a living welding.. maybe a different story.

James K0UA

There is a cheap table too. I think I paid $130 or so. Uses the same nice clamps.

/ welding table slots #12  
Hello,
here is some pics of my table , it not fixed i can roll it around as needed .

on clamps i use rebar 10# and 3/4 coil rods , may give you some more idea's for yours .

1 of U

Weldingtable006.jpg

Weldingtable019.jpg

Weldingcart001.jpg

/ welding table slots #13  
1 of U said:
Hello,

on clamps i use rebar 10# and 3/4 coil rods , may give you some more idea's for yours .

1 of U

What size Is your table?

Do you find it big enough and would you change anything if remaking

/ welding table slots #14  
1 of U said:
Hello,

1 of U

Very nice table. You saved about $800 minus your material costs over what essentially the same thing costs from Miller.

/ welding table slots #15  
Hello,
for the most part it meets most of my table needs
if i need to lay something out larger then i can use the floor or a 3X6 steel table .
but this one is 24X42 X 1/2
i wouldnt change anything right now
it's good to go

What size Is your table?

Do you find it big enough and would you change anything if remaking

/ welding table slots #16  
That is very nice work. Very heavy but not too heavy and the dolly wheels are nice.

We picked up an old shop made table today that is3'x5' with 1/4" plate top and 2.5" angle for legs that must weight about 300 pounds. It was $125 so I went for it. It has been setting outside for a year or so and will be here until I get the shop built.

One thing I want to test while it is still an outside table is to use it for a rest for the FEL bucket/forks. I want to use the forks with a large, strong pallet as lift for the Zero Turn mower and let this table be a safety rest when working on belts, etc since will not be doing much welding without a shop. Our 7'x14' enclosed trailer conversion to a temp shop/tool bin has progressed some thanks to the son's efforts. The roof AC unit is NICE in these triple digit temps.

Question: Do some paint welding tables or just leave them bare metal so they ground better?

/ welding table slots #17  
Gale Hawkins said:
That is very nice work. Very heavy but not too heavy and the dolly wheels are nice.

We picked up an old shop made table today that is3'x5' with 1/4" plate top and 2.5" angle for legs that must weight about 300 pounds. It was $125 so I went for it. It has been setting outside for a year or so and will be here until I get the shop built.

One thing I want to test while it is still an outside table is to use it for a rest for the FEL bucket/forks. I want to use the forks with a large, strong pallet as lift for the Zero Turn mower and let this table be a safety rest when working on belts, etc since will not be doing much welding without a shop. Our 7'x14' enclosed trailer conversion to a temp shop/tool bin has progressed some thanks to the son's efforts. The roof AC unit is NICE in these triple digit temps.

Question: Do some paint welding tables or just leave them bare metal so they ground better?

You can paint but (make sure to have a good grounding site)

They are usually left bare to tack things to then grind off from the ones I've worked from

/ welding table slots #18  
I've never seen a painted top but painting legs seems fine.

/ welding table slots #19  
yeah :

some wants it all pretty and match it to their welders
Red /Blue etc..

but i never cared for all that pretty stuff
it gets welded /tacked and beat on :drink:

i also use what i call a set up cart where i lay parts out to be tacked
and welded .
Weldingcart016.jpg

You can paint but (make sure to have a good grounding site)

They are usually left bare to tack things to then grind off from the ones I've worked from

/ welding table slots #20  
For an insulated electrode wand holder, use a 2"x8" PVC pipe with cap on bottom. Weld the flat side of an exhaust clamp, to the lower edge of the table, then clamp the PVC in it. You can store electrodes in it and hange your electrode wand holder on it also. Put one on each side.

Dave