Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Default Re: Everlast welders, anybody own one?

Quote Originally Posted by gumshu View Post
    Hey KOua... aren't you the wheeler dealer. Ha, Ha. I want bells and whistles too. I spoke with Mark of Everlast this morning. We kicked around thoughts on the 3 PowerArc machines. I'm now trying to decide between the PA200 and the PA160sth. I may go with the PA200 as it will do E6010. I'll probably order in a week or so. I may have to run a new circuit, but that's no big deal, just something else to do... as if I need more. Mark was quick to respond and very informative.
    Ok thats cool, Yes I am a trader I didn't know what your budget was., I think either the 160 or the 200 would serve you well, I have never welded over 140 amps, Just have never needed it. But I can understand wanting the headroom for bigger sticks and thicker metals. Mine does have the 6010 port, but I have never used it. I have never tried any 6010. For rusty dirty metal I use the 6011. which is an AC/DC rod but mostly used on AC machines as a substitute for 6010 which is a DC rod. My little welder has done every thing I have asked of it, and I am very pleased with the Green machine.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.
    Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

If you can possible swing it, get the PA 300 with adjustable hot start, and arc force.

If you blind folded me I couldn't tell the difference between my Lincoln short hoods and my PA 200 when running 6010.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Everlast welders, anybody own one?-10p-plus-b.jpg   Everlast welders, anybody own one?-10p-plus-cap.jpg   Everlast welders, anybody own one?-6010-cap-9.jpg  

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    Lincoln SG Spool gun

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    5 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    Hypertherm Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.
    JD2 model 3

Gold Member
    Tractor
    jd 1050 LS I3040H. CASE SC

I do enjoy my PA200. Night and day from the lincoln tombstone - AC only.

Just a hack welder, but it sticks together everything I have needed. The higher duty cycle on the PA200 sold me for the difference. The 160 would do most everything I need doing, but sometimes you get everything in place and can actually lay down alot of bead in one setting - not usually though in my case!
    LS I3040H w/ loader
    JD 1050 w/ loader and backhoe
    Case SC. 1952

I can't comment on their welders but my Everlast plasma cutter has been great. The only problem I had was when I accidentally plugged up the tip and it would no longer cut. I just used it Monday to cut the welds to remove a rusty hopper off of a seeder. Sliced right through the rust and paint like butter. Even if I had an OA torch I couldn't have done it as quick. I wouldn't hesitate to buy another Everlast product.
    Kubota L4240,Case 580K backhoe, Case 450 Dozer

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Quote Originally Posted by Shield Arc View Post
    If you can possible swing it, get the PA 300 with adjustable hot start, and arc force.

If you blind folded me I couldn't tell the difference between my Lincoln short hoods and my PA 200 when running 6010.
    Yeah... I looked at the PA 300 today (Amazon). Very nice. Just a little more than I want to spend right now. I think it was $549. I also looked at the Longevity StickWeld 250 which was $469 which also has Arc Force. I can get the PA 200 for about $344 delivered.

In comparing the Everlast PA 140 and the older (Amazon) Stickweld 140, they appeared identical... same box and controls, just different names. Do you know anything about the Longevity machines? The newer SW 140 has a different design.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    cx70,5510,4630,5005

i have a everlast 140 that i use on a generator for portable repairs.it welds good .my local welding shop has started caring longevity ,so far good.inverter welders use less power and are lighter but i think a transformer welder is still longer lasting.

Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

Quote Originally Posted by gumshu View Post
    Yeah... I looked at the PA 300 today (Amazon). Very nice. Just a little more than I want to spend right now. I think it was $549. I also looked at the Longevity StickWeld 250 which was $469 which also has Arc Force. I can get the PA 200 for about $344 delivered.
    I got to run one of Longevity's Stickweld 250s. Here is the link to my review. For the difference in price of the PA-200, and the Stickweld 250, get the Stickweld 250!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/w...my-review.html

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    Lincoln SG Spool gun

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    5 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    JD2 model 3

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

I got to run one of Longevity's Stickweld 250s. Here is the link to my review. For the difference in price of the PA-200, and the Stickweld 250, get the Stickweld 250!!!!!!!!!

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/w...my-review.html
    Yeah... you're right. The Stickweld 250 is a hot unit. I was about to push the button on the stickweld 250 last night on Amazon, but the unit they showed on search and the one that showed up in my cart were different. I noticed that the ones on Amazon are the older units.

Longevity offers a discount to Tractorbynet members according to a post back in January. I'll call them today. Their website shows they are out of stock on the 250. I'm already thinking of projects for my tractor.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

Doesn't Longevity still over the first of the month discount? If so that is a really good deal.

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    Lincoln SG Spool gun

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    5 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    JD2 model 3

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Doesn't Longevity still over the first of the month discount? If so that is a really good deal.
    You have to be johnny on the spot when their message hits. they take the first guy that answers and says you want one, and you get 40% off.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast