Everlast welders, anybody own one?

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #1  

ironnut

Tractor
Ford 800 OC-3 IH354
Does anyone have an Everlast welder? Good, Bad?

I am thinking about the Everlast PowerTig 200DX.

I noticed that the last posting in the Everlast sticky was in 2010. Are they no longer active on this site.

gordon

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #2  
Does anyone have an Everlast welder? Good, Bad?

I am thinking about the Everlast PowerTig 200DX.

I noticed that the last posting in the Everlast sticky was in 2010. Are they no longer active on this site.

gordon

They are still active on this site, Mark post's quite regularly. I have a PA160 and like it very much.. You will get a lot of comments by asking is the Everlast product any good. There are those of us that own them and like them.. then there are those who hate them. Of course they don't own them, or have never welded with them. They hate them because of the country of origin, and they believe the importer is doing unfair business practices. They hate them because they believe that they are helping drive American brands down the tubes. They hate them because they are not Blue or Red. For some joyful reading just post your question in google. and go to all the welding forums..you will get an earful. To the best of my knowledge they are a good product.. I sure am happy with mine, and many user's on here that own and use them are happy.. There have been several shipped that come broken, in transit, As far as I know and from what I can read they have been replaced. They are much cheaper than Blue or Red, and they are made in China. They seem to weld beautifully, and they along with anything made in China is hated, and especially so in the welding community. If you buy one and say you like it you will be hated too. So for safety's sake you should stick with Red or Blue. You have opened a can of worms, let the comments begin.

James K0UA

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #3  
Oh I don't know James! I've posted several times on Welding Web how much I love my PowerArc 200. Oh a couple times I've had to explain myself. I even called out old Sunshine one day to compare experience, and equipment owned, he won't go toe to toe with me on this subject.:laughing:

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #4  
I'm looking to buy the PA 160. Looks like it will suit my needs. I wasn't able to find another DC unit that would do 160 amps on 220/240 and draw under 30 amps. I don't really want to run another circuit. For my needs, I'd prefer to stay with my 30amp breaker.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #5  
Oh I don't know James! I've posted several times on Welding Web how much I love my PowerArc 200. Oh a couple times I've had to explain myself. I even called out old Sunshine one day to compare experience, and equipment owned, he won't go toe to toe with me on this subject.:laughing:

yeah that is the thing, I spent over 2 hours last night looking thru posts about guys that hate the Everlast equipment, and to a man, not a one of them have owned one or even used or even seen one. How can you hate something that you have no experience with? "it is just cheap chinese junk" That is the re-occurring theme. "aint never going to be one of those things in my shop". blah blah blah.. I have nothing against Miller welders, I have never used one, I would like to own a couple, Their welders look very tasty to me.. Are they good durable machine? I bet they are. But my "cheap piece of chinese junk" doesn't owe me a dime if it fell into 2 pieces this afternoon. It has done everything I have asked of it. (now watch, when I get home, it will be in 2 pieces:))

James K0UA

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #6  
I think I paid more for my battery charger than I did for the PowerArc 200!:laughing:

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #7  
I'm looking to buy the PA 160. Looks like it will suit my needs. I wasn't able to find another DC unit that would do 160 amps on 220/240 and draw under 30 amps. I don't really want to run another circuit. For my needs, I'd prefer to stay with my 30amp breaker.

Well now hang on,,how about I sell you my older PA160, without the HF start and gas valve for TIG built in? So I can get the new PA160 myself withe the HF start, gas valve, and foot pedal connector? If you never intend to TIG ( I am doing it already with my PA160) you wont need those things. You will be good to go with your 30 amp circuit, and I can save you some money.. what say you. I am scratch starting for TIG with my PA, but no foot pedal to taper off and I have a manual 17V torch with a manual valve.. it all works fine.. but those 3 things on the new PA160 would be finer. But if you just want to stick.. my rig is the cats meow. Itty Bitty, and welds great. I repaired this last Saturday

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/249487-oh-no-my-bucket-broken.html

James K0UA

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #8  
The people that Hate imported equipment should pull the cover off of the Red and the Blue and take the shock of the multitude of countries that make up the working Welder or Plasma cutter. The day will come soon when they have to eat crow.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #9  
Well now hang on,,how about I sell you my older PA160, without the HF start and gas valve for TIG built in? So I can get the new PA160 myself withe the HF start, gas valve, and foot pedal connector? If you never intend to TIG ( I am doing it already with my PA160) you wont need those things. You will be good to go with your 30 amp circuit, and I can save you some money.. what say you. I am scratch starting for TIG with my PA, but no foot pedal to taper off and I have a manual 17V torch with a manual valve.. it all works fine.. but those 3 things on the new PA160 would be finer. But if you just want to stick.. my rig is the cats meow. Itty Bitty, and welds great. I repaired this last Saturday

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/249487-oh-no-my-bucket-broken.html

James K0UA
Hey KOua... aren't you the wheeler dealer. Ha, Ha. :laughing: I want bells and whistles too. I spoke with Mark of Everlast this morning. We kicked around thoughts on the 3 PowerArc machines. I'm now trying to decide between the PA200 and the PA160sth. I may go with the PA200 as it will do E6010. I'll probably order in a week or so. I may have to run a new circuit, but that's no big deal, just something else to do... as if I need more. Mark was quick to respond and very informative.

/ Everlast welders, anybody own one? #10  
The people that Hate imported equipment should pull the cover off of the Red and the Blue and take the shock of the multitude of countries that make up the working Welder or Plasma cutter. The day will come soon when they have to eat crow.
I was just thinking the same thing. However, I'd love to have the Lincoln Invertec V155-S Stick Welder... but can't justify $1000.00 for it. The Thunderbolt XL 225 is very nice too, but it's $669. For my needs (and age), I'll have to settle for the more affordable stuff.