NEW EVERLAST POWERARC 300 STICK WELDER!

/ NEW EVERLAST POWERARC 300 STICK WELDER! #1  

gumshu

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 2025R TLB, Kubota L4802 and Can Am Defender HD7
Guys, after kicking around several brands and different models for the last week or so... and after considering lots of recommendations, I'm going to bite the bullet and go for the Everlast PowerArc 300. More than I need for the moment, but I'll grow into it. I'm impressed with their customer service... Johny on the spot.

Mark Lugo has been prompt with answers, replies and goes the extra mile to answer questions. Good customer service is hard to come by these days... especially when dealing with indecisive people like me.

I was considering the Stickweld 250, and it's a nice machine, but the personal attention and customer service sold me on the PA 300. I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives. I'm hoping to receive it in a week or so. I'll be placing my order with him directly when he returns from a few days off. Can't wait to get started. :thumbsup:

/ NEW EVERLAST POWERARC 300 STICK WELDER! #2  
I'm looking forward to your review. I wish now I would have waited until the PA-300 came out. The PA-200 was the first machine I'd ever used with hot start. My Dynasty has dig, (arc force) impressive as the Dynasty is as a Tig machine, it plain sucks as a stick machine!:confused: The hot start and arc force on the PA-200 I have to really be paying attention to see there results. I came across a used Lincoln Invertec V350-Pro, construction model. Oh my God!:cool2: I'd never seen anything like that in my life! After using it for a few months, I made up my mind to sell off some other machines, and ordered a new V350-Pro. But if I would have waited until the PA-300 came out, I might not have ordered the V350-Pro.:eek:
I'd sure like to get my hands on a PA-300, for a couple hour test drive!

Sorry, I loose track of who is who on these forums, do you plan on getting a Tig rig to go along with this machine?

/ NEW EVERLAST POWERARC 300 STICK WELDER!
I'm looking forward to your review. I wish now I would have waited until the PA-300 came out. The PA-200 was the first machine I'd ever used with hot start. My Dynasty has dig, (arc force) impressive as the Dynasty is as a Tig machine, it plain sucks as a stick machine!:confused: The hot start and arc force on the PA-200 I have to really be paying attention to see there results. I came across a used Lincoln Invertec V350-Pro, construction model. Oh my God!:cool2: I'd never seen anything like that in my life! After using it for a few months, I made up my mind to sell off some other machines, and ordered a new V350-Pro. But if I would have waited until the PA-300 came out, I might not have ordered the V350-Pro.:eek:
I'd sure like to get my hands on a PA-300, for a couple hour test drive!

Sorry, I loose track of who is who on these forums, do you plan on getting a Tig rig to go along with this machine?
Shield Arc, OK. I'll first post some pictures of the PA 300. I haven't seen too many good photos or dimensions on line. I also need too run my new 240v 50 amp line before I can do anything... this week if I can squeeze it in. The first thing I have to do is weld some D rings onto my trailers, tractors and to a skid steer quick attach plate. EZ stuff comes first. I'll also post a review. I'm sure the machine is a beast and I won't have to worry much about the duty cycle for my needs. I may just get a "King Kong" sticker to post on the side.

As for the Tig Rig... perhaps. I'll first need to get my feet wet. Cheers.

/ NEW EVERLAST POWERARC 300 STICK WELDER! #4  
Far as the duty cycle, I'll be floored if you ever hit it while stick welding. If I remember correctly it has a 60% duty cycle? For years I worked for a company who had nothing but Lincoln SAE machines, with 60% duty cycle. I'd grab a hand for of 5/32-inch 7018, and stuff one rod after another as fast has I could go, never lifting my hood. Never once hit the duty cycle! Then along came the Lincoln LN-22s. Running 5/64-inch Innershield wire, same SAE machines maxed out, never once hit the duty cycle!;)

/ NEW EVERLAST POWERARC 300 STICK WELDER! #5  
It's the same rough dimension as our PowerTig welders. Weight is a little lighter though. It is a compact unit at that still.