New(old) sa200 lincoln

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #11  
Does your machine have a Marvel Schebler or Zenith carb? I've had the best luck with Zenith K13720 carbs. Either way your local NAPA parts house can get you a re-build kit.
AMERICAN ELECTRIC IGNITION - ZENITH CARBURETORS

I got tired of dealing with the old starters, all my older machines are running these starters.

Attachments

• Starter 66.JPG
    Starter 66.JPG
    228.1 KB · Views: 4,495
   / New(old) sa200 lincoln
Marvel carb. The starter I ordered looks similar to yours. High torque ( its what Bill's uses at their shop)said they have good luck w/ them. I will keep you posted .thanks

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #13  
Always replace old starter/battery cables with heavier guage new cable. Make sure your ground cable connections are good too.

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln
Appreciate the info guys. Got the starter(nothing like the one I have). I guess the big post is+ and the small terminal is - ? Is that correct? Any easy way to wire this high tech starter up? Mine looks like the one shieldarc has.

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #15  
Here you go. I just happen to have one out of a machine. Yes large post goes to + side of battery.

Attachments

• Starter ready.JPG
    Starter ready.JPG
    234.9 KB · Views: 1,840
  • Starter wiring.jpg
    Starter wiring.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 4,323
   / New(old) sa200 lincoln
First off thanks everyone for the info. Weird thing- I have been trying to start this welder for 2 days. So I thought what the heck and put the plug wires on like it had a Bosch mag. Presto, it fired right up. How is that? Every web site I looked at for a Fm Mag was like shieldarc's. Am I missing something? Anyway its running. Do any of you guys and gals know where on the engine to hook up a water temp gauge? Head or block? Thanks again

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln #17  
Do any of you guys and gals know where on the engine to hook up a water temp gauge? Head or block?

Here is a good place for a water gauge sending unit, but don't be surprised if you have to drill the plug out and re-tap the threads. If I remember correctly it is 3/8-inch NPT, might be 1/2.:confused:

Attachments

• Water.JPG
    Water.JPG
    214.8 KB · Views: 4,182
   / New(old) sa200 lincoln
Shieldarc, you are right. I broke my bit trying to get that plug out! Could I make a connection and put it in my top or bottom radiator hose? Maybe an inline pipe with a fitting?

/ New(old) sa200 lincoln
Thats's cool. Thanks. I can make that work.