Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None?

/ Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None? #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
Looking for reviews of the Miller Mutlimatic 200

Can one machine do it all reasonably well?

I have a Lincoln PowerMig 180 so don't need another MIG machine.
But for some occasional TIG and stick work is this worth consideration.

Introducing the Multimatic

/ Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None? #2  
haven't researched it much, but it looks interesting.

/ Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None? #3  
I've never seen one before the video. Which makes the machine look very interesting. Only question I have, will it be big enough for you? You can't use amps you didn't pay for!

I have the competition, (well sort of) with Lincoln's V350-Pro. Nicest machine I've ever run, I haven't used the Tig option yet, and have no desire to, because I also own a Dynasty. The V350-Pro just amazes me every time I use it with how much control it has over the puddle. I would think the Miller is the same way.;)

Attachments

• New.JPG
    New.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 1,281
   / Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None? #4  
Check out the specs...not very impressive!

A 30% duty cycle really!

I take it miller will come out with a multimatic 250 or 300 in a year or so to sell more machines.

Want to support North American products but very frustrating when it's all marketing based instead of giving loyal customers what they need first off

http://www.millerwelds.com/products/mig/product.php?model=M00361

/ Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None? #5  
Other than the MVP plug ,pretty similar specs as the Everlast MTS 160 or 200 . Only spec that is different is price . Lowest price I came up with that had Tig attachment was just over $2000 . Without Tig but with spoolgun was a little over $ 1800 . MTS 160 = $999 . MTS 200 = $1250 . Don't own either but if I was Frugal with my money , Well I think I would be calling Mark .

Fred H.

/ Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None? #6  
Heed the words of Shield Arc, for he is wise:
Only question I have, will it be big enough for you? You can't use amps you didn't pay for!
The Lincoln 180 has MIG covered nicely, so I'd get the next machine with at least 250A output. The most common cause of "TIG regret" is buying too small a machine.

For stick I'd get a (used) stout transformer machine either Red or Blue, and I'd likely get the stick machine first then run a scratch-start TIG rig for steel.

That complements the MIG and leaves plenty of time to save for a big TIG if you decide you want that.

/ Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None? #7  
Other than the MVP plug ,pretty similar specs as the Everlast MTS 160 or 200 . Only spec that is different is price . Lowest price I came up with that had Tig attachment was just over $2000 . Without Tig but with spoolgun was a little over $ 1800 . MTS 160 = $999 . MTS 200 = $1250 . Don't own either but if I was Frugal with my money , Well I think I would be calling Mark .
Fred H.
I'll be posting about it shortly, but we have our new 210 that is foot pedal and spool gun capable now. (949.00...pedal and spool gun extra).

/ Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None? #8  
Heed the words of Shield Arc, for he is wise:

The Lincoln 180 has MIG covered nicely, so I'd get the next machine with at least 250A output. The most common cause of "TIG regret" is buying too small a machine.

For stick I'd get a (used) stout transformer machine either Red or Blue, and I'd likely get the stick machine first then run a scratch-start TIG rig for steel.

That complements the MIG and leaves plenty of time to save for a big TIG if you decide you want that.

What he said

RC

/ Miller multimatic 200 - Jack of all trades or Master of None?
I've been watching CL for any used welders that might pop up and spied a Lincoln Ranger 10K which
is a ~200A welder/10K generator. Its mounted on a trailer.

What do these go for new and is it a good choice for someone who only needs to weld occasionally?
It would be nice to have the generator capability also. Nor being tied to an AC outlet could be a plus
but when I want to weld here at house in my shop having to run this gas powered machine would not
be so nice, especially for the neighbors if it later in the evening when most people would not want to
listen to the noise of a machine like this.

Are these any other shortcoming to a engine driven machine like this?