How do you store welding magnets

/ How do you store welding magnets #1  

Hooked_on_HP

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford 1900 FWD Kubota F2100E
How do you store your welding magnets so they don't attract every metal filing that gets close to them.
Bill

/ How do you store welding magnets #2  
Don't use the ones I have much, but at the moment, their stuck to the side of my welder.

/ How do you store welding magnets #3  
ziplock

/ How do you store welding magnets #4  
I don't use them much any more, as with DC welding, they can cause arc blow. Mine are stored on the side of my old Lincoln AC225 which I haven't used since I got a DC welder.

James K0UA

/ How do you store welding magnets #5  
Glued to the inside wall of a metal cabinet.

Attachments

• wire 22.JPG
    wire 22.JPG
    181.4 KB · Views: 382
   / How do you store welding magnets #6  

Absolutely ziplock bags. They also work great that way for picking up chips around my milling machine, and easy to clean up. Just remove the magnet from the bag and chips fall off.
David from jax

/ How do you store welding magnets #8  
stuck to the side of my welding cart.

Ive seen some magnets that are "sealed" around the magnet so that filings cant get in between the face plates. Ive also seen one with an off switch so you can just turn it off to clean. I think Ill grab one of the switched ones when I find one.

/ How do you store welding magnets #9  
stuck to the side of my welding cart.
... Ive also seen one with an off switch so you can just turn it off to clean. I think Ill grab one of the switched ones when I find one.

Switched, really?

/ How do you store welding magnets #10  
Switched magnets aren't NEW, they have long been used in dial indicator mounts. Not sure if they completely demagnetise or not.
David from jax