If you have been thinking about buying a welder...time to buy.

/ If you have been thinking about buying a welder...time to buy. #1  

Mark @ Everlast

Advertiser
We've just received a large shipment of 2012 units and are moving them out as fast as we can for the 2013 units that are on their way soon.
We have 20% specials off to TBN members on PowerArc 200's and 300's.
10% off PA 140ST's.
Specials on all plasma cutters...up to 25 percent...discount varies per unit.
Migs, we have up to 20%...discount varies per unit.
PowerTIG 200 DX (New style with upgraded frequency on pulse, panel amp control with foot pedal and addition of preflow and arc force control): 15%

Give me a call and be sure to tell me you are a loyal tbn member.

/ If you have been thinking about buying a welder...time to buy. #2  
Two quick questions. First does this price apply to us north of the boarder in Canada and second has anyone used your plasma torches in a CNC setup?

/ If you have been thinking about buying a welder...time to buy.
This is a US special. Yes, we have even a dedicated CNC unit that puts out 60 amps, called the PowerPlasma 60C that comes with a machine torch (hand torch available for extra cost). And we have had the PP50 hooked up with special mountings on the s45 torch to CNC. But there is also a limited qty of CNC torches for the PP50 that we keep in stock.

/ If you have been thinking about buying a welder...time to buy. #4  
This is a US special. Yes, we have even a dedicated CNC unit that puts out 60 amps, called the PowerPlasma 60C that comes with a machine torch (hand torch available for extra cost). And we have had the PP50 hooked up with special mountings on the s45 torch to CNC. But there is also a limited qty of CNC torches for the PP50 that we keep in stock.

When running on a 120 volt circuit, will the 140ST gain any welding amps going from a regular 15 amp circuit if plugged into a 20 amp circuit? I realize male plug would have to be changed

/ If you have been thinking about buying a welder...time to buy. #5  
arrow said:
When running on a 120 volt circuit, will the 140ST gain any welding amps going from a regular 15 amp circuit if plugged into a 20 amp circuit? I realize male plug would have to be changed

And what if you have access to a 30 amp 120 volt outlet like you see at RV places?

Sorry, somehow, I must have un subscribed from this thread and overlooked it. No the rating is with a 20 amp plug. 15 amps will drop actually...and if the amps are turned too high it will trip the breaker.

CNC dan, the first generation of the 140ST's did pull up to 30 amps but would not "limit" itself and eventually trip the 20 amp breakers because of the higher output. The output amps are now limited to the range of 90 amps or so on 110 so the pull from the wall won't be too high.

Frequently, customers think that the machine automatically knows what amp breaker it is hooked to and limits itself to that range. It cannot. There is no technology I know of that tells the welder to limit itself due to the breaker size. That is one thing about welders from many of our competitors that is in the fine print...that the output of the machine can only be reached with a 30 amp breaker, which few people have, and that using it with lower amperage breakers will cause the breakers to trip if the output amperage is pushed too high.

/ If you have been thinking about buying a welder...time to buy. #7  
Mark @ Everlast said:
CNC dan, the first generation of the 140ST's did pull up to 30 amps but would not "limit" itself and eventually trip the 20 amp breakers because of the higher output. The output amps are now limited to the range of 90 amps or so on 110 so the pull from the wall won't be too high.
Bummer. Is that something that could be changed? Like a trim pot on a circuit board, or re-flashing a prom or something?

If I said yes,then everyone would try to do it, and some would end up overdoing it and blowing up their unit. ;)

/ If you have been thinking about buying a welder...time to buy. #9  
I see what you mean. Prehaps you could make the change for those that request it.