Free welding class for me

/ Free welding class for me #11  
Bo - congrats and make the most of that opportunity!!

Shield Arc - One of my favorite quotes from Thomas Edison:

“We often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work”
― Thomas A. Edison

/ Free welding class for me #12  
Shield Arc - One of my favorite quotes from Thomas Edison:

展e often miss opportunity because it's dressed in overalls and looks like work
― Thomas A. Edison

Is that really true? If so, I love it!:thumbsup:
My dad told me years ago, "once you figure out that hard work won't kill you, you have it made"!

/ Free welding class for me #13  
That's great to have a chance to learn how- to without worrying about how-much. Enjoy it and good luck. Let me know if I can help.

I love the Edison quote!

/ Free welding class for me #14  
To me the problem with todays kids is that their parents, children of the baby boomers, had it made. Their parents(baby boomers) gave their kids everything that they didnt have and many of them had no chores to do at home and lived with video games and television, personal cars at 16 etc. NOW these spoiled rotten kids are having kids and many of them have no values to pass along. They are the "age of entitlement and everything that happens to me is someone elses fault" kids and that is what they pass on to their kids. If they fail in school it is the fault of the school, not the kid for not studying or paying attention in class. No discipline can be given to kids today when they do something wrong without fear of parent going to jail. 50% of the people now are living on the wealth of the other 50% and soon the working class will all be retired or dead, then we will see what happens to the takers when there is nothing left to take.

/ Free welding class for me #15  
When my oldest daughter was 15-years old, wife woke up in the middle of the night. Mother's intuition I guess, wife got a funny feeling, and went down stairs to check on her. Kid was gone, wife came back up stairs to wake me, we went back to the daughter's bedroom and waited. When she showed up sheet hit the fan! We tried out best to convince the daughter how dangerous it was to sneak out at night, especially living in a Navy town. Oh there was no talking to her, she knew everything! She climbed up on her bed, and just started screaming for us to leave her room! Now see I was thinking I bought and paid for that house, so another thing for us to disagree on. Anyway we could not get her to stop screaming. I reached over and punched her in the thigh. That stopped her in her tracks, because up until then I had never laid a hand on her, the wife handled all discipline of both girls. Well she settled down for the night, so we thought! Later wife went back down to check on the kid, yup gone again! Couple days later sheriff shows up, served me with assault and battery charges. Guess the kid talked to a teacher at school, teacher told her I had no right to hit her!
Do you have any idea what my dad would have done to me if I ever snuck out? I'd been lucky if he didn't beat me to death! Oh yeah just try calling the cops on him. He'd placed the phone where the sun don't shine!:eek:

/ Free welding class for me #16  
One of our kids mentioned police once to my wife and she said go ahead and call them, you can go live in a foster home or police can take care of you if you do. Never heard anymore about that. But then again, our kids were pretty well behaved and got along with each other very well. Only once did one of them backtalk my wife and a quick slap and a stern lecture stopped that forever. Never had one sneak out like that either. Our house was neighborhood gathering place for all the kids in the neighborhood and all our kids friends. Sleepovers were common since my wife would rarely let our kids sleep over with friends and never any that she hadnt met their parents and had a good feeling for them. The kids would come talk to my wife about their problems that they couldnt or wouldnt take to their parents about. Wife always had that ability to listen and tell it like it was to folks and she did the same with all the 5 kids. As far as I know they never hid anything from us when growing up. They are all in their 30's and 40's now and we get a kick out of them talking about their childhood experiences. Lots of times now when we meet some of them, at introduction to their friends, they will call my wife their other mother.
My wife was also very defensive of all the kids. Once her son corrected a teacher who was teaching Spanish and used the wrong conjugation. When he said that she was wrong, she got very defensive and argumentative. He explained to here that Spanish (not TexMex) was his first language and she was wrong so she sent him to the principal. Big mistake. When my wife got through with the principal the following day, then the teacher, it was apology time for all of them. That little 5'2" Venezuelan doesnt take any crap from anyone including me especially when it came to her kids. They were taught at home to be independent and speak their mind, be honest and true at all times. Most folks respect that.