Free welding class for me

/ Free welding class for me #1  

theboman

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B7500 HST
I'm getting FREE welding class thru work, how cool is that!!

/ Free welding class for me #2  
That is cool. I highly recommend some sort of training for customers. Many areas offer continuing education classes, and night classes in welding.

/ Free welding class for me #3  
Hopefully you capitalize on this! I just had to send a kid, (24 years old) packing because he would not show up, and when he did he was late. I guess it was just too hard to climb out of bed for free one on one welding lessons. :confused3:

/ Free welding class for me #4  
Wow! It's rare to have a company invest in an employee these days! Take advantage of it and when you feel like slacking or leaving remember the risk and expense they took with you.

My company has trained 6 employees extensively and only one still works for me. The rest left willingly or unwillingly.

/ Free welding class for me #5  
I'm getting FREE welding class thru work, how cool is that!!

That is mucho cool! Welding skills will stay with you for life. Study and practice hard while you have the chance to improve your skills with someone helping you.

Shield Arc - seriously?? The kid doesn't have a clue the opportunity he's forfeited. I'd take you up on one-on-one lessons in a heartbeat!

swick1 - You've got that right. The people who are no longer with you obviously haven't been reading the news and seeing that there are people out there who are begging for a job. A job that provides training for a skill like welding? Man, that's a gift.

/ Free welding class for me #6  
Pretty good, most times if you haven't taken classes they won't even hire you. Congrats and have "fun" studying.

Ken

/ Free welding class for me #7  
   / Free welding class for me #8  
Here is a thread I started on the same kid back in April. After I ran him off I made a telephone call. Seems as this kid couldn't get out of bed for $20.00 an hour, so they ran him off too.:confused3:

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/240673-teaching-welding.html

I remember reading that thread! I had just joined this forum and was researching what welder to buy. Gosh, so much talent right down the toilet. Something about that generation. I know a few people with kids that age that don't seem to have much focus, energy or ambition.

/ Free welding class for me #9  
I remember reading that thread! I had just joined this forum and was researching what welder to buy. Gosh, so much talent right down the toilet. Something about that generation. I know a few people with kids that age that don't seem to have much focus, energy or ambition.

We just sent a 18 Yr old off to the USAF (his choice) and we have several nieces and nephews that are going to be something and some that are "not worth squ*t".
Common denominator for the bad kids and good kids are......... THEIR PARENTS!! Good parents tend to raise good kids and lazy sorry kids come from parents with the same values. Kids pick up the same values as they are raised with.

Just my :2cents:

/ Free welding class for me #10  
Kneedeep you could very well be onto something. Both my daughters are hard workers. But my son-n-laws:rolleyes:. Both work for the government, ones a rigger in a Navy submarine ship yard, the other a border patrol agent. Neither one will do anything but go to work, not a thing around the house:mad:! I have 4-grandsons, 3 are a little to young to judge right now, but the oldest one will not put down the video games:mad:! I'm not getting a warm and fuzzy feeling with him!:confused3: