Opinion on Everlast inverter welders?

/ Opinion on Everlast inverter welders? #2  
Don't know anything about the 160, but I have the PA-200. Nicest arc you'll find for the money! :cool2:

/ Opinion on Everlast inverter welders? #3  
Is anyone using a Everlast inverter welder? Looking for something that will rn off a wall socket, and is portable. Will the 160 fit the bill?

Powerarc arc welders plasma arc

You mean this one?

Stick Welder and Tig Welder In One | welding-tv.com

I've got an Everlast PowerTIG 185 dual voltage. I use it primarily plugged into wall at 120V but can plug it into 220V if I need to. No complaints - in fact, I really like my welder.

The 160 is a pretty popular and has had some very good comments from owners. It was on my short list.

Here's another video stick welding with 7018. You can check out the arc for yourself.

Welding Overhead with Everlast PowerArc 160sth and 7018 rods - YouTube

Hope this helps! Cheers.

/ Opinion on Everlast inverter welders? #4  
i have a everlast 140 that works good for small repairs.

/ Opinion on Everlast inverter welders? #5  
The 160 will run off 110, but output is limited. It puts out just a few amps more on 110 than the 140 but not a lot more. For the performance on 110, either the 140 or 160 st are good choices, however, the 160 does have the HF start, and gas solenoid, but it comes at a significant price increase. For basic TIG welding the 140ST is fine. For stick either one is a toss up...especially for 110 V operation.

/ Opinion on Everlast inverter welders?
Thanks for the reply Mark. I am going to get the 160, as I like the HF start feature. Has there been any reliability issues with the 160?

/ Opinion on Everlast inverter welders? #7  
The 160 hasn't been out as long, so, with that said, it has been pretty reliable. But from my perspective the 140 ST had less teething issues by a smallest margin. Both seemed pretty stable from the start. The 160 STH is reliable, but side by side, if I were to choose one for everyday use, the PA 140 would be my choice since I don't mind the lack of HF or gas solenoid. There's simply less to go wrong, and the 140 is more compact.

/ Opinion on Everlast inverter welders?
Does the hf eliminate the need to strike to stsrt? We are replacing an old lincoln arc.

/ Opinion on Everlast inverter welders? #9  
For TIG it does. It allows you to hold the tungsten off the metal to start arc. But for stick it does not. Stick is still either a tapping method, or a match strike method. If you are looking for stick, then the way they operate is the same. You get 20 more amps in 240 for the 160 sth.