changing my oxygen tank

/ changing my oxygen tank #1  

deerseeker001

Tractor
International 2500a with Loader
today i changed my oxygen tank,took off the regulator and put on new tank and noticed a flat rubber washer on the cement floor below.i owned this unit for many years and never seen a washer on the regulator where it screw into the oxygen tank.i don't think it came from the regulator but it would put my mind to ease if some one can confirm that.

/ changing my oxygen tank #2  
Generally they are on your regluator side. Crack the valve, you'll know if the o-ring is missing.

/ changing my oxygen tank
i did crack the valve but didn't seem to be leaking.this wasn't a o-ring it was a flat rubber washer.

/ changing my oxygen tank #4  
There shouldnt be a washer in the sealing area where the valve stem from the regulator fits against the tank valve. That should be a clean, metal to metal seal.

thank you very much for the reply.

/ changing my oxygen tank #6  
Just a thought? I'm an unaware of your oxygen supplier, but why not make a call to your provider in the morning? I know that Lincare will probably come out and check it for you. This will satisfy your concerns. Best wishes.

/ changing my oxygen tank #8  
That sounds like maybe something you dropped and didnt notice it< Perhaps a washer for a garden hose.

There are no washers on an oxy/acetylene hookup, it is brass to brass fittings all the way from bottle to torch mixing barrel. There are two small O-rings that connect the cutting head to the mixing barrel. This joint is to be lightly hand tightened only. Excess pressure will damage the o-ring seal resulting in need to replace them and if you buy them at the welding supply, they are about $3 bucks each which is outrageous.

PS. The last time I used CO2 it required a flat washer between the gauge and tank valve as both surfaces were flat but that has been about 40 years ago, they may have changed them since then.

Thanks Gary now i have piece of mind.the only place it looked like it could fit was in side the nut on the regulator.