Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast?

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #21  
Oh you want a water cooler! Without a water cooler the Tig torch will be huge! No body wants to use a club when Tig welding! A water cooled torch is so much smaller. Maybe Mark has a picture where you can compare the size difference between an air cooled torch, and a water cooled torch.

Ha ha ha. Finesse with sledge hammer!

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #22  
I would take him a picture of the two torches I have, but one is a 150-amp air cooled, the other is a 300-amp water cooled, they're very close to the same size.

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #23  
Being a water cooled torch, doesn't necessarily change the size. It depends upon the amperage you are desiring to operate and what the torch is rated for. A water cooled WP 18 is the same size as the air cooled WP26 and the smaller sized air cooled WP 9 is the same size as a water cooled WP 20. The difference is in the maximum amp rating. A WP 20 water cooled torch is typically a max of 250 amps DC. A WP 18 water cooled torch is typically around 350 DC... on both torches AC ratings are about 20% lower.

Yes the arc quality is good on the units. It won't weld 6010 but all others are great to weld with typically.

Here's a video on last years PT 185 model. It has changed a little for the 2013 models of course, but the unit is very similar as the internals are still the basic same ones with a few circuits added.

PowerTig 185 Micro Welder- AC/DC TIG Inverter welder- GTAW- Everlast PowerTig Welder - YouTube

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #24  
Here is a picture of the only two Tig torches I have left. I had to look it up, the lower torch is a WP-20 that came on my Dynasty 300, it is 250-amp torch, but I have welded with it at 300-amps several times. The upper torch is a WeldCraft 150-amp air cooled torch.
I leave the north south wheel on the WP-20 torch all the time. The torch is almost to small for my hand. The wheel helps me rock the torch back and forth for walking the cup.

Attachments

• 2 Tig torch.JPG
    2 Tig torch.JPG
    236.3 KB · Views: 259
   / Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #25  
Never saw a water cooled torch as large as the same amps in an Air Cooled. At 250 amps, the Air Cooled 26 style is 3x larger than the 20 Style water cooled.. > Miller Diversions..Look close. At 180 amps the built in non adjustable post flow runs from 25 - 35 seconds variably after each arc.( Real Gas Hog )..Can't stick weld or remove the torch..?? Just look at all options before buying a Diversion. Nice little unit I'm not bashing. There's just more out there than a nice looking box. Any will work, just get you money's worth..