Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast?

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #1  

JAS1966

Tractor
1954 Cub, 1939 Cat D2
Thinking about buying my first Tig welder. I do not want a "multi function machine" I have a Mig (Miller Autoset 212), I have a plasma cutter (Miller Xtreme 375), and 3 stick machines (Miller 225 Bobcat, Lincoln Ranger 9, and a Lincoln SA200 Redface). I want a dedicated Tig machine. I am not a dedicated fab shop, just a home shop but would like a machine big enough to weld 1/4" aluminum and maybe 5/16 or so steel. I have never owned a Tig before so i probably have a lot to learn. Looking for recomendations!

Thanks,

JAS

Last edited:
   / Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #2  
Oh great! Here goes the neighborhood, quick someone hide the donuts! :wave::wave::wave::wave:

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast?
Haha, you mean I can't go over to his place and scavange free parts???? LOL :laughing:

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #5  
:laughing: Lincon. Air cooled gun or water?

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #6  
Wow! Can't believe mark hasn't made a comment yet , he must be under the weather.

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #7  
No, not under the weather, but under the baby, playing with her after we took her out to see Santa tonight.
As far as the recommendation, I'd look at the PowerTIG 200DX, which has a NEW dual voltage option ( dual voltage qtys. limited until Feb). It also has a higher pulse frequency than the old 25 hz and is now up to 150 hz. It also has adjustable arc force control for stick. Solid performer for TIG, and one of our most reliable, trouble free units since we began selling the PowerTIG line in 08/09.

Oh, and the joys of technology, I can share my baby's visit with Santa while I am on the subject. Can't help myself...just have to share the Christmas spirit. (got a late start on having kids at 41)

Attachments

• Anna 002.jpg
    Anna 002.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 229
   / Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #8  
Great Santa mark, I got a late start at 35, it's a little harder keeping up with a 15 year old basketball fanatic, he beats me everytime now, oh well! Life is still good!

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #9  
I'd look at the PowerTIG 200DX, which has a NEW dual voltage option ( dual voltage qtys. limited until Feb). It also has a higher pulse frequency than the old 25 hz and is now up to 150 hz. It also has adjustable arc force control for stick. Solid performer for TIG, and one of our most reliable, trouble free units since we began selling the PowerTIG line in 08/09.

Mark have you ever run this machine? Does Everlast offer a complete package, like Miller's Tig runner? Is the fan on this machine "fan on demand"? I hate that on my Miller Dynasty 300! Funny the Lincoln V350-Pro only does that on certain processes. Is this machine set up where the water cooler comes on when the machine is turned on, or is there a separate switch for the water cooler? Just wondering my old Miller Gold Star was that way. Burned up a couple torches by not remembering to turn the cooler on.
PowerTig 200DX - Welders, Tig Welder, 225 Welder, Plasma Cutting Machine, Accessories, Multi Purpose Unit

Oh yeah, cute kid! You realize she will grow up to be a teenager, don't you?:eek:

/ Thinking about buying a Tig welder, Everlast? #10  
What about the diversion from miller? I just like the looks of it, small and arc looks good. I think one is ac/dc too. It's not a heavy weight but would do in my little shop.