The "Burninator" Reverse-Flow BBQ/Smoker Build Thread

/ The "Burninator" Reverse-Flow BBQ/Smoker Build Thread #1  

ChuckE2009

Silver Member
Goodmorning TBN!!

Here's a little project I've been working on a lot here lately, its another custom BBQ. It'll be the third one I've made, and I feel like I'm making good progress on it.

I bought a huge boiler tank on Craigslist for $100 and brought it home... Built it a stand, made a firebox from 1/4" plate, welded up some industrial smoke-stacks, and I've started putting it all together...

Anyway, I just wanted to share. The videos here tell it better than I could in words... Hope y'all like it!! Like I said, I'm *ALMOST* done, and I'll keep this thread updated as things progress... Its been a really enjoyable build so far. Anyway, here are a few videos:

/ The "Burninator" Reverse-Flow BBQ/Smoker Build Thread

Almost there!! I've logged over 50 hours on this build so far... Its been a TON of work, but I really hope you guys enjoy it. I'll have more here soon. Have a nice week everyone! :)

/ The "Burninator" Reverse-Flow BBQ/Smoker Build Thread #7  
One thing about the reverse flow smoker/cookers...They consume a lot of wood before they get hot enough to safely cook. I've built my share of smokers, and the reverse flow do a good job, but I've had to convert some too from reverse flow to another style because of this issue (plus the plate burns out).

One thing about the reverse flow smoker/cookers...They consume a lot of wood before they get hot enough to safely cook. I've built my share of smokers, and the reverse flow do a good job, but I've had to convert some too from reverse flow to another style because of this issue (plus the plate burns out).

Yeah, so I've been told. Thing is, Reverse-Flow is ALL the RAGE around here.... I've made two that werent RF, and when I went to sell them I had multiple people say they "needed" reverse flow, or that was what they really wanted. I converted the second one to RF...

So, now thats what I build :)

/ The "Burninator" Reverse-Flow BBQ/Smoker Build Thread #9  
There are other alternatives that work just as well and heat just as evenly...like these.
They do have a baffle plate in them that "spreads" the heat and smoke but does not cover the full bottom. Think of the way a muffler works.

Attachments

• grill meat.jpg
    grill meat.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,932
  • PIC_0379.JPG
    PIC_0379.JPG
    863.9 KB · Views: 5,535
  • 08-23-11_1732.jpg
    08-23-11_1732.jpg
    274 KB · Views: 1,024
  • 08-23-11_1735.jpg
    08-23-11_1735.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 1,920
  • 08-23-11_1737.jpg
    08-23-11_1737.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 4,473
Goooodafternoon, everyone!!

Heres the next part of the build series, I spent some time on this project, and accomplished a lot in the video. I finally feel like it's ALMOST done. Hope y'all enjoy the video...

And have a happy new year :)