I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #191  
Dave, I really do hear what you are saying.
Time will tell :)

Not from me, every one is entitled to their opinion:)

That was the reason for the free comment. No way I would spend more money if I had that much trouble with their products. The upgrade would be on them!

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #192  
Every company has problems out of the box. I mean every one, because I've talked to guys with issues out of the box with red and blue. I went and looked at last years repair records for the unit we sent. No repairs in the last year... No DOAs. This was the first 205 we've had an issue with this year. Overall the issue rate for imigs are extremely low. Still don't know what the problem was because it was intermittent. To be clear, we offered Mark several options, including ones that didn't cost anything. He chose the one that fit him. Mark got the treatment I offer my customers routinely.

As far as stuff being up to standards... The reality is that companies like TA are pulling almost all their product from China. Lincoln is doing a good bit as well. Let's just say our paths cross with those guys while we are over there in our routine factory visits.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #193  
Every company has problems out of the box. I mean every one, because I've talked to guys with issues out of the box with red and blue. I went and looked at last years repair records for the unit we sent. No repairs in the last year... No DOAs. This was the first 205 we've had an issue with this year. Overall the issue rate for imigs are extremely low. Still don't know what the problem was because it was intermittent. To be clear, we offered Mark several options, including ones that didn't cost anything. He chose the one that fit him. Mark got the treatment I offer my customers routinely.

As far as stuff being up to standards... The reality is that companies like TA are pulling almost all their product from China. Lincoln is doing a good bit as well. Let's just say our paths cross with those guys while we are over there in our routine factory visits.

Glad you guy's are upstanding in taking care of your customers. I have no doubt in time, that your products will be competitive with the big boys. Japanese's cars are a good example. Jokes in the beginning, now almost rule the autos. The Chinese products will be there. The tractor guys like Deere, and Case better get ready. I've read articles about the upcoming delima of trying to be competitive with equipment from India, and China. The article mentioned they will be in the same predicament as the big 3 autos in the near future. That's the next wave for the autos. Trying to compete with almost slave labor prices. The Chinese quality will get there!

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #194  
John Deere's best selling utility line (53XX) is all made in India and they started way back in 2001 with that. A lot of theirs are made in Mexico, and even many of their newer 4wd front ends are from China.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #195  
I will be starting a new thread on my new Everlast 250P welder.
The 205 was sent back, Mark from Everlast and I could not get it working right.
So, I upgraded to a I-MIG 250P.
I will be working in my garage all day Saturday with it, new thread will fallow.
View attachment 299619
Pulse will move you into the new millenium. You will enjoy the technology and your welds will show it.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #196  
Miller PCB:
miller2.png

Everlast PCB:
everlast.png

You be the judge.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #198  
Doesn't make any difference at all to me. I'm the kind of guy who can break a cannon ball, much less something electronic! :laughing:

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #199  
Miller PCB:
miller2.png

Everlast PCB:
everlast.png

You be the judge.

Just looking at them both and not knowing anything about either company and not really caring until I want to buy a welder, but it sure looks like the bottom one is more cobbled up than the nice neat rows of the top one. Some resisters and transistors look bent over touching the ones next to them, and the solder joints look like something I would do with my hack soldering gun, but maybe that won't hurt anything.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #200  
Are these boards from the same type equipment? You don't really think Miller makes those boards do you? I remember a few years back when Miller had a rash of trouble with the Access and 350P machines. Nearly 100% failure rate. The explaination to their distributors was the they receicved a batch of bad of boards..Very few companies make boards for their own equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.