I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.
I think a MUCH more expensive welder was substituted in order to satisfy the OP and keep the fact that the original welder was a POS from getting blown up all over TBN.
Dude, you ain't got a fu cking clue.

Edit=regardless what I say, you will respond back with some remark.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #222  
Maybe they've improved since those pictures...Maybe they haven't...? What kind of post is that?
Scooby, maybe you've lived in the Dog house too long, but every company has DOA's and from the literally hundreds of customers we have here that visit this site, you would have heard more than this. And as I said, it was the first 205 we've had an issue with this year. All you are doing is loosing any credibility you had, if you had any at all because if you look around, you'll find customers with DOA units on Miller and Lincoln. I don't see you posting up any welding advice, or any welding information. You only come by when you think you can take a shot and drive off. The basic design of the 250P is very similar to the 205 with exception of the drive components. AND you're proving that you are just here as a troll as it is because I've already commented that we offered many options to Mark, including a full refund, another same unit, and more. Mark chose the option of what he wanted. I am sure when he is ready, he will post up exactly what he did and why. If he doesn't that is his choice as well. Technically the unit wasn't DOA. It was working but we were having intermittent issues with power.

As your signature says"ambitious, but rubbish" pretty much sums things up on your comments.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.
Mark chose the option of what he wanted. I am sure when he is ready, he will post up exactly what he did and why.
Some will never believe what is posted.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #224  
In fareness to Everlast on the DOA comment, I think I recall when shieldarc got his v-350 pro, either it or the spool gun was DOA. It does happen.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #225  
In fareness to Everlast on the DOA comment, I think I recall when shieldarc got his v-350 pro, either it or the spool gun was DOA. It does happen.
It ended up being a lose wire inside the V350-Pro. Most likely came lose during shipping. Which this machine was truck shipped, so I can't even blame Fed-Ex or UPS.:laughing:

Attachments

• New.JPG
    New.JPG
    231.9 KB · Views: 102
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #226  
Maybe they've improved since those pictures...Maybe they haven't...? What kind of post is that?
Scooby, maybe you've lived in the Dog house too long, but every company has DOA's and from the literally hundreds of customers we have here that visit this site, you would have heard more than this. And as I said, it was the first 205 we've had an issue with this year. All you are doing is loosing any credibility you had, if you had any at all because if you look around, you'll find customers with DOA units on Miller and Lincoln. I don't see you posting up any welding advice, or any welding information. You only come by when you think you can take a shot and drive off. The basic design of the 250P is very similar to the 205 with exception of the drive components. AND you're proving that you are just here as a troll as it is because I've already commented that we offered many options to Mark, including a full refund, another same unit, and more. Mark chose the option of what he wanted. I am sure when he is ready, he will post up exactly what he did and why. If he doesn't that is his choice as well. Technically the unit wasn't DOA. It was working but we were having intermittent issues with power.

As your signature says"ambitious, but rubbish" pretty much sums things up on your comments.

The welder was a POS and didnt work out of the box... not much else needs to be said. The first DOA so far this year? Need I remind you its only January.. Your off to a great start, neverlast.

You call me a troll... I'll call you a pimp. Pushing your chicom crap.

Oh, and for you uneducated types.. "Ambitious, but rubbish" is the catch phrase from Top Gear.. Best show on TV.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #227  
Dude, you ain't got a fu cking clue.

Edit=regardless what I say, you will respond back with some remark.

I got a f'n clue.. You got bought off, or a "free upgrade" if that makes you feel better... You went from a $975 to a $1475 welder but had a budget of $1000... How much extra did you pay??

For a guy that works in manufacturing.. it didnt take much to sell out your fellow american workers by buying chinese...

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #228  
I got a f'n clue.. You got bought off.. And for a guy who relies on american manufacturing to put food on his table.. you sure sold out your fellow countrymen pretty fast by buying a chinese welder.

Amazing what lengths some people stuck in the 60's will go to just to get a thread shut down!

I for one am interested in Everlast and Longevity products as I am not a professional welder and would like all of the supposed top notch equipment but in reality don't need it; waste of money for a tool I will use 6 times a year.

Everything is either made in or partially made in China today... Get over it!

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #229  
Amazing what lengths some people stuck in the 60's will go to just to get a thread shut down!

I for one am interested in Everlast and Longevity products as I am not a professional welder and would like all of the supposed top notch equipment but in reality don't need it; waste of money for a tool I will use 6 times a year.

Everything is either made in or partially made in China today... Get over it!

Im not stuck in the 60's... far from it. Id rather spend a bit more and get a quality product made here. No, I wont get over it. I wont join the walmart herd.

The more chinese products we buy , be it a welder or something from wal-mart the more we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Our manufacturing sector is on its last legs and we all should do our part to help keep it from completely going away. If you think employment is bad now.. just wait.

Oh, and you might want to look at who started with the insults first...

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #230  
Scooby, your reading/reasoning skills may be in question, because earlier I posted I had reviewed this years repair records..by inference, why would I review something that was at the time less than 2 weekss into the new year? I was referring to the past year. All you are trying to play up here is "gotcha" tactics and it is obvious to everyone except YOU. As Mark says, no matter what you have a comeback remark. How's that work for you in real life? I imagine not very well and is probably why you are spending a Sunday afternoon sniping on a welding subforum, instead of spending it with friends and family. I post here myself as part of my job...but what's your excuse? So you are going to only buy a welder made here? Where are you going to find one? A 1970's machine? Your ignorance on this subject really is baffling...Made where? In Nova Scotia? Right. Definitely NO where in Canada. That Kubota in that picture you have posted under your profile tells us you are a huge hypocrite...even bigger by the way you are posting with your chinese made computer. What's the toll troll?

btw, you insulted first...none of your business, and you were party to the last thread that was posted in. Drive by posting...again.
Dang.. that is some grade A ugly soldering on the Everlast...

Jason

Shield Arc

I suspect the issue was the same on the I mig...since it was intermittent. Likely a loose wire knocked loose in shipping. But in Scooby's mind that is considered DOA...unless he chooses to be a make some special dispensation to allow that this is not because it is an italian made USA name brand composed of mostly chinese electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.