Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425 LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 247
  1. #221
    Veteran Member Markcuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,276
    Location
    Clinton, Illinois
    Tractor
    2014 John Deere X534

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    I think a MUCH more expensive welder was substituted in order to satisfy the OP and keep the fact that the original welder was a POS from getting blown up all over TBN.
    Dude, you ain't got a fu cking clue.

    Edit=regardless what I say, you will respond back with some remark.
    Hours=(61)-2014 X534,bought May 29th,2 spinner knobs,brush guard,convert-a-ball front and rear,mulch kit,Gator blades,J/D 10P cart,4 suitcase weights,Brinly 24x36 poly lawn roller.Markcuda.com
    "if you like your healthcare,you can keep it"
    "if you like your doctor,you can keep them"

  2. #222
    Advertiser Mark @ Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,113
    Location
    South GA

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    Maybe they've improved since those pictures...Maybe they haven't...? What kind of post is that?
    Scooby, maybe you've lived in the Dog house too long, but every company has DOA's and from the literally hundreds of customers we have here that visit this site, you would have heard more than this. And as I said, it was the first 205 we've had an issue with this year. All you are doing is loosing any credibility you had, if you had any at all because if you look around, you'll find customers with DOA units on Miller and Lincoln. I don't see you posting up any welding advice, or any welding information. You only come by when you think you can take a shot and drive off. The basic design of the 250P is very similar to the 205 with exception of the drive components. AND you're proving that you are just here as a troll as it is because I've already commented that we offered many options to Mark, including a full refund, another same unit, and more. Mark chose the option of what he wanted. I am sure when he is ready, he will post up exactly what he did and why. If he doesn't that is his choice as well. Technically the unit wasn't DOA. It was working but we were having intermittent issues with power.

    As your signature says"ambitious, but rubbish" pretty much sums things up on your comments.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/

    Need a welder? Give me a call at (877) 755-9353 ext 204!

  3. #223
    Veteran Member Markcuda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,276
    Location
    Clinton, Illinois
    Tractor
    2014 John Deere X534

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    Mark chose the option of what he wanted. I am sure when he is ready, he will post up exactly what he did and why.
    Some will never believe what is posted.
    Hours=(61)-2014 X534,bought May 29th,2 spinner knobs,brush guard,convert-a-ball front and rear,mulch kit,Gator blades,J/D 10P cart,4 suitcase weights,Brinly 24x36 poly lawn roller.Markcuda.com
    "if you like your healthcare,you can keep it"
    "if you like your doctor,you can keep them"

  4. #224
    Veteran Member deereman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,754
    Location
    canada
    Tractor
    1946 cockshutt 60

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    In fareness to Everlast on the DOA comment, I think I recall when shieldarc got his v-350 pro, either it or the spool gun was DOA. It does happen.
    Never carry gasoline in your car trunk. If you do, atleast use some sort of container.
    -red green

  5. #225
    Super Member Shield Arc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    5,555
    Location
    Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.
    Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    Quote Originally Posted by deereman75 View Post
    In fareness to Everlast on the DOA comment, I think I recall when shieldarc got his v-350 pro, either it or the spool gun was DOA. It does happen.
    It ended up being a lose wire inside the V350-Pro. Most likely came lose during shipping. Which this machine was truck shipped, so I can't even blame Fed-Ex or UPS.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails I got alt=,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.-new-jpg  


    Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse.
    Lincoln LF-72 wire feeder.
    Lincoln SG Spool gun.

    2 Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300.
    Everlast PowerArc 200ST.
    3 Lincoln SA-200s.
    Vantage 400
    1800 Ellis saw.
    Hypertherm Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.
    JD2 model 3.

  6. #226
    Super Member Scooby074's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,553
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast View Post
    Maybe they've improved since those pictures...Maybe they haven't...? What kind of post is that?
    Scooby, maybe you've lived in the Dog house too long, but every company has DOA's and from the literally hundreds of customers we have here that visit this site, you would have heard more than this. And as I said, it was the first 205 we've had an issue with this year. All you are doing is loosing any credibility you had, if you had any at all because if you look around, you'll find customers with DOA units on Miller and Lincoln. I don't see you posting up any welding advice, or any welding information. You only come by when you think you can take a shot and drive off. The basic design of the 250P is very similar to the 205 with exception of the drive components. AND you're proving that you are just here as a troll as it is because I've already commented that we offered many options to Mark, including a full refund, another same unit, and more. Mark chose the option of what he wanted. I am sure when he is ready, he will post up exactly what he did and why. If he doesn't that is his choice as well. Technically the unit wasn't DOA. It was working but we were having intermittent issues with power.

    As your signature says"ambitious, but rubbish" pretty much sums things up on your comments.
    The welder was a POS and didnt work out of the box... not much else needs to be said. The first DOA so far this year? Need I remind you its only January.. Your off to a great start, neverlast.

    You call me a troll... I'll call you a pimp. Pushing your chicom crap.

    Oh, and for you uneducated types.. "Ambitious, but rubbish" is the catch phrase from Top Gear.. Best show on TV.

  7. #227
    Super Member Scooby074's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,553
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Markcuda View Post
    Dude, you ain't got a fu cking clue.

    Edit=regardless what I say, you will respond back with some remark.
    I got a f'n clue.. You got bought off, or a "free upgrade" if that makes you feel better... You went from a $975 to a $1475 welder but had a budget of $1000... How much extra did you pay??

    For a guy that works in manufacturing.. it didnt take much to sell out your fellow american workers by buying chinese...

  8. #228
    Veteran Member ericher69's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    1,670
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Tractor
    2008 Kubota b2920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post

    I got a f'n clue.. You got bought off.. And for a guy who relies on american manufacturing to put food on his table.. you sure sold out your fellow countrymen pretty fast by buying a chinese welder.
    Amazing what lengths some people stuck in the 60's will go to just to get a thread shut down!

    I for one am interested in Everlast and Longevity products as I am not a professional welder and would like all of the supposed top notch equipment but in reality don't need it; waste of money for a tool I will use 6 times a year.

    Everything is either made in or partially made in China today... Get over it!
    ericher69
    IAFF Local 849

  9. #229
    Super Member Scooby074's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,553
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    Quote Originally Posted by ericher69 View Post
    Amazing what lengths some people stuck in the 60's will go to just to get a thread shut down!

    I for one am interested in Everlast and Longevity products as I am not a professional welder and would like all of the supposed top notch equipment but in reality don't need it; waste of money for a tool I will use 6 times a year.

    Everything is either made in or partially made in China today... Get over it!
    Im not stuck in the 60's... far from it. Id rather spend a bit more and get a quality product made here. No, I wont get over it. I wont join the walmart herd.

    The more chinese products we buy , be it a welder or something from wal-mart the more we are shooting ourselves in the foot. Our manufacturing sector is on its last legs and we all should do our part to help keep it from completely going away. If you think employment is bad now.. just wait.

    Oh, and you might want to look at who started with the insults first...

  10. #230
    Advertiser Mark @ Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,113
    Location
    South GA

    Default Re: I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

    Scooby, your reading/reasoning skills may be in question, because earlier I posted I had reviewed this years repair records..by inference, why would I review something that was at the time less than 2 weekss into the new year? I was referring to the past year. All you are trying to play up here is "gotcha" tactics and it is obvious to everyone except YOU. As Mark says, no matter what you have a comeback remark. How's that work for you in real life? I imagine not very well and is probably why you are spending a Sunday afternoon sniping on a welding subforum, instead of spending it with friends and family. I post here myself as part of my job...but what's your excuse? So you are going to only buy a welder made here? Where are you going to find one? A 1970's machine? Your ignorance on this subject really is baffling...Made where? In Nova Scotia? Right. Definitely NO where in Canada. That kubota in that picture you have posted under your profile tells us you are a huge hypocrite...even bigger by the way you are posting with your chinese made computer. What's the toll troll?

    btw, you insulted first...none of your business, and you were party to the last thread that was posted in. Drive by posting...again.
    Dang.. that is some grade A ugly soldering on the Everlast...

    Jason

    Shield Arc

    I suspect the issue was the same on the I mig...since it was intermittent. Likely a loose wire knocked loose in shipping. But in Scooby's mind that is considered DOA...unless he chooses to be a make some special dispensation to allow that this is not because it is an italian made USA name brand composed of mostly chinese electronics.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/

    Need a welder? Give me a call at (877) 755-9353 ext 204!

Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Spend my money on a welder.
    By wvpolekat in forum Welding
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM
  2. Help me spend$$$$
    By jim_n_nh in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 10:02 PM
  3. I've got $35,000 to spend......
    By JimMorrissey in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 10:07 AM
  4. I've got 35,000 to spend.....
    By JimMorrissey in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-02-2004, 02:22 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.