I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it.
If you didn't care, you wouldn't keep coming here and pissing in the wind.LOLOLOLOLOLO

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #243  
As far as welding equipment is concerned. USA is years, I mean Years behind Europe in technology. Look up Fronius, Lorch, Kempi..Light years ahead of Anything Miller or Lincoln has to offer. There is no comparison. So people can brag about what they have that's made in the USA but they are not even scratching the surface of quality and performance..I have Lorch equipment but I would never slam someone else for the welder choice they make. I am how ever always amused at someone braging about their 115v mig machine or old stick welder. Especially when they are proud that it's made in America. By the way...The new Miller boxes say Assembled in USA. Now What???

The new Miller boxes say Assembled in USA. Now What???
That could be a whole new thread ;)

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #245  
It is actually counter-productive for a certain individual to continue to pontificate on his erroneous and cherry picked evidence.
What he is doing in continuing to bash both Everlast and the OP's decision making; is showing just how reasonable the two Mark's (both) are and is making more folks believe that Everlast is a company that is well worth looking at for any purchase they are considering in the future. I have been impressed with how Everlast has dealt with many individuals and postings both here and in other threads. It goes to show the quality of the individual that is posting when you read how they word their posts and respond to others.

I have been impressed with how Everlast has dealt with many individuals
Both Mark and Oleg from Everlast, have impressed me very much in dealing with me.
I can't say enough about them.

/ I got $1,000 to spend on a welder, help me spend it. #247  
As far as welding equipment is concerned. USA is years, I mean Years behind Europe in technology. Look up Fronius, Lorch, Kempi..Light years ahead of Anything Miller or Lincoln has to offer. There is no comparison. So people can brag about what they have that's made in the USA but they are not even scratching the surface of quality and performance..I have Lorch equipment but I would never slam someone else for the welder choice they make. I am how ever always amused at someone braging about their 115v mig machine or old stick welder. Especially when they are proud that it's made in America. By the way...The new Miller boxes say Assembled in USA. Now What???

Fronius, Kempi.. sure... Ive heard of their products. Now you tell me where I can find them local? Heck even within 500 miles? Fronius has ONE dealer in my entire country. There is a **** good reason that all the fab shops and plants Ive worked have been (95%) miller and lincoln with the odd Esab and Ltec.. No Kempi.. No Fornius and absolutely no everlast. I suppose it's because all those welding foremen and supervisors are stuck in the 60's too? And it has nothing to do with local parts availability, durability and reputation, eh?

Lorch.. Must have been an import from the UK. No support for that here. Do they even have a head office in North America? About as close to that as we can get is Thermal, but even they are far between. I will say the 320SP is a nice machine even though Ive never ran one. (again because there is no real dealer).. Before you say it.. Yeah I think the TA is an import.

And are you comparing something like a $8000 Industrial grade Synergistic pulse mig (like what comes from Fronius or Kempi) to an Everlast?

As to what miller says on their boxes now... Well Ill have a look next time im in my welding supply. Even if it is the dreaded "assembled in USA with global" to miller standards, id sooner that than "100% made in china" to everlast standards.

And yomax, just to lay all the cards out on the table, what brands do you SELL? I know what brands you like to mention, so I'll go with those.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.