Victor Cutting Torch valve problem

/ Victor Cutting Torch valve problem #1  

Tractor3

Tractor
John Deere 5410 with 540 front bucket is my work tractor. Have a 47 J.D. Model A, have 4 Farmalls
Hi,
I have a problem with the Oxygen valve on a Victor Equipment Company cutting torch set up.

When the Oxygen tank is turned on the needle on the gage for valve that controls the line pressure goes all the way around and the safey release opens, making a popping sound, in some cases it will pop and a rapid rate, no matter what position the line pressure regulator is set.

Can you tell me what is causing this?
Is this something I can fix myself?

I would appreciate any advice you can give.
Thanks,

Dave.

/ Victor Cutting Torch valve problem #2  
Sound like you are meaning to say regulator instead of valve. The valves are located on the tank and on the torch body, the guage is located on the regulator. If the needle is spinning all the way around, and if you have a bad pressure gauge, then yes this you can replace yourself. If the problem is internal with the regulator, your best bet would be to take it to where ever you buy your gas and let them send it to someone certified to rebuilt it. I am leaning toward the problem being internal to the regulator allowing high tank pressure to make its way to the low pressure guage. Dont fool around with something that can kill you, take it to a professional.

/ Victor Cutting Torch valve problem #3  
I have had them rebuilt and it took a little while but it was not that much $$ compaired to a new regulator. hope it turns out well.

/ Victor Cutting Torch valve problem #4  
Just had my victor regulators rebuilt. Have them both done. I was told the A usually goes before the O. Fifty some dollars to have them both rebuilt. I had very similar experience when th O reg went bad.

/ Victor Cutting Torch valve problem
muddstopper,
Thank you for your response, you are correct I did mean to say regulator instead of valve.
I agree and will take them to the dealer and has them send them back for service.
Again thanks,
Dave Register

Ed of all trades
Thank you for taking the time to respond. I appreciate hearing from guy like you that have the experance in these matters and I will follow your advice.
thanks again,
Dave Register.

ptexer,
Thank you, I will send them both in to be rebuilt at the same time.
I appreciate your advice.
Thanks again.
Dave Register, aka tractor3

/ Victor Cutting Torch valve problem #8  
Wow mine just did the same thing yesterday. Made aloud pop and started leaking o2 out the relief. Looks like a new regulator. Brett

Bday,

Bday,
I am going to have mine rebuilt, will let everyone know how it works out.