Everlast powertig 250EX Welder / Anyone bought one / It's on my list

/ Everlast powertig 250EX Welder / Anyone bought one / It's on my list
They are actually in the process of changing over all their labeling...to "Assembled in USA" That is not the same. I imagine when company lawyers find this page, they will nix it sooner or later.

Yes I understand the difference.
I imagine some of the complex circuit boards are imported.
The company is still operating and building units in Appleton Wis.
They have current listings for quite a few job openings for production people on the website also.
Miller Electric Mfg. Co. Jobs
I saw a show on the History Channel 2011 featuring the Appleton facilty and all the phases of production.
I have no idea what models are being produced there.

/ Everlast powertig 250EX Welder / Anyone bought one / It's on my list #32  
Thing is, whether its a capacitor or transistor, it is going to be imported whether the final board is assembled here or not.

/ Everlast powertig 250EX Welder / Anyone bought one / It's on my list
Thing is, whether its a capacitor or transistor, it is going to be imported whether the final board is assembled here or not.

It's sad that we have lost so much raw material resources and parts manufacturing that the indivdual components cannot equal an American Made product today.
People have to look at "percentages" of the product that is made here in the United States.
My wifes Saturn Vue is 85% import products "Assembled" her in the states.
Still
I have to admit I'm glad to see Miller is running a facilty like the one in Wisconsin.
To many people like myself it is boiling down to doing without a product due to pricing of products made in the USA, no product available from the United States or doing with a product that I can afford.
I'm still very interested in your 250EX and it is on my wish list.
Happy New Year and thanks for all the great info.

/ Everlast powertig 250EX Welder / Anyone bought one / It's on my list #34  
It's sad that we have lost so much raw material resources and parts manufacturing that the indivdual components cannot equal an American Made product today.
A lot of this can be blamed on our elected officials. For giving tax incentives to manufacturing companies for moving off shore. Now the dumb SOBs are wondering where all the money went! The answer is, nobody is working. :rolleyes:
The EPA is another one to blame! Lot of companies went south of the border to get away from so many EPA laws.:hissyfit:

/ Everlast powertig 250EX Welder / Anyone bought one / It's on my list #35  
People think jobs going overseas are all about lower wages being paid . In reality , That is surely a part , but then we also have to look at our own infrastructure on how Business's are Treated here . From Enviromental issue's , to taxes including LOCAL , state , and federal , to Regulations from local ,state or federal . The one Statement that always gets me is people saying " Not in My Backyard " , Yet then those very same people whine about no jobs ? EXAMPLE : Lots and I mean Lots of good industrial land in north part of valley , old part of camp white , but much of it is off limits because of Vernal Pools or something . When it rains a lot , say 2 to 4 inches in a week , pools fill up like little ponds and some sea monkey thing , ( Fairy Shrimp ?? ) appears .Oh , Poo , Can't Build on that 100 acre lot !!!

Sorry about the vent ! I think You will be Happier with separate units than a combined as Mark explained and although I dont own either a Everlast or a Longevity unit , I Think they both will Treat You right .

Fred H

http://www.nwf.org/Wildlife/Wildlife-Library/Invertebrates/Vernal-Pool-Fairy-Shrimp.aspx ( What I am talking about in my vent )

Last edited: