Santa was good

/ Santa was good #21  
My tool list would be pretty long and expensive to. Of course I have been collecting for quite a few years. I get fustrated having to depend on somebody else all the time. I bought my tablesaw and router because I could buy them cheaper than I could pay someone to build the cabinets in my house. I bought the big Monarch lathe because I got fed up with the machinist that used to make my pins and bushings. My welders I bought because I seemed to always break things. Air compressor because air tools are faster than wrenches an of course air tools because I had the compressor. Drill presses because I am always drilling holes. My chop saw because It makes cutting metal more like cutting wood. Buying hand tools used to be an obsession, but I now have so many, I can walk right by tool sections at most stores. I still cant find a 9/16 or 1/2 in wrench when I need one, but I have several of each.

Of course owning all these tools makes me work on more projects, simply because I have the stuff to do it with. It also means my buddies like to come to my house when they need something worked on. I usually barter my welding, mechanicing, and machining for other stuff I need. Garden plowed, a load of firewood, parts for my projects and sometimes even more projects. Its a hobby, if I start charging it would be more like work.

Man why cant you be living in Bismarck Ark. I would gladly swap some garden plowing for machine work when needed. Garden plowing is enjoyable enough that I would just do it to be neighborly.