Tool question (Parts washer)

/ Tool question (Parts washer) #1  

Bday

Silver Member
Tractor
53' Allis WD, 54' Allis WD 45, 52' allis CA, Farmall 560, 656 , 47' Deere model A , 38' Deere model A
Sorry guys, it's not a welding question. Figured you guys would probably be in the know. Needing to buy a parts washer. What do you guys think of the buffalo line of washers sold at the farm stores. I know there Chinese, but it is what it is. Thanks for any info!

/ Tool question (Parts washer) #2  
Watch for Harbor Freight sale I think they are the same, on sale not a bad price. I bough one about 6 years ago on sale and works good.

/ Tool question (Parts washer) #3  
When I was working on mechanics' air tools, I had to have a parts washer and I got mine back then from Northern Tool. If I needed to buy one now, I'd consider Northern Tool, Tractor Supply Co., and Harbor Freight; don't know which one I'd buy from, or whether one is any better than the others.

/ Tool question (Parts washer) #4  
I have the small 3 1/2 gal from harbor freight works just fine...portable too! :)

What type of cleaning fluid do you plan on using?

/ Tool question (Parts washer) #5  
The fluid will cost more than the washer. I have a northerntool 20gal one setting in the corner and seldom use it because of fluid prices. Heck, 20gal of kero is $80 bucks.

/ Tool question (Parts washer) #6  
Grizzly sells them, maybe you can avoid the sales tax. Anybody use them for cleaning gun parts? I have the little bench top unit, was thinking of putting some Hoppes #9 in it.

/ Tool question (Parts washer)
Grizzly sells them, maybe you can avoid the sales tax. Anybody use them for cleaning gun parts? I have the little bench top unit, was thinking of putting some Hoppes #9 in it.

Sounds like a good idea. That would make cleaning guns a lot easier. I ended up buying one from a local farm supply store. We'll see what happens.

/ Tool question (Parts washer)
I have the small 3 1/2 gal from harbor freight works just fine...portable too! :)

What type of cleaning fluid do you plan on using?

Good or bad we put mineral spirits in her!

/ Tool question (Parts washer) #9  
I always used Varsol that I got from the local Exxon distributor. He had it in 5 gallon buckets and I bought three of them. And then he had it in a tank and pump just like a gasoline pump, so I'd just refill my buckets there a little cheaper.