a good place to get angle steel??

/ a good place to get angle steel?? #111  
Maybe my best bet is just to lay the ramp down inside the trailer if it'll go, or even vertically weld the angles on without even messing with the hinges.
Gracious - such an easy fix gone sooo awry! :eek:

Like I posted earlier 2 sections of 2x12 drilled and bolted to your gate would solve this MINOR problem in half an hour , a can of black spray paint and your done !

/ a good place to get angle steel??
Thanks Grumpy.
I considered the lumber before I even started this thread, but this old dog is gonna learn a new trick - welding the angle is how I'm going.
Waiting for call when BX is ready, then I'll stop at the steel yard and get and cut the angle, and bring all home at same time.
Then the welding fun starts! I will post my progress and the finished product for the many (welcome) critiques I'm sure will follow. :listen:

Geez, had nothing but wet and rainy conditions for the last week or so. Today was the first time I even had the bx out just to move a few things to the back garage, calling for rain/snow today but nothing yet. Still too wet to weld outside(at least for me). Hopefully over this weekend I can get it done but yard is saturated where I park the trailer, will have to play it by ear.

Finally got my angle cut, prepped and welded today(ugly welds - not sure I even want to show them). Wifey went to the store for me for paint so I decided I'd change the water filters (well system). The water spit a couple times then nothing. Checked voltage at the pressure switch and the well head and all fine. My well is about 350'. In my younger days I pulled pipe,wire and pump out myself, don't have the back for it anymore. Called 2 places, 2nd guy came out within 30 min. Pump was shot, just had to replace pump and the wire about 3 yrs ago - cost over $4000 then, this time $1500. There goes my hopes for a scraper blade or bigger/heavier duty trailer. Now this trailer will have to do for a long time. But we have water.

Attachments

• P1190318.jpg
    P1190318.jpg
    753.6 KB · Views: 114
  • P1190320.jpg
    P1190320.jpg
    771.8 KB · Views: 103
  • P1190322.jpg
    P1190322.jpg
    1,019.3 KB · Views: 126
  • P1190325.jpg
    P1190325.jpg
    941.6 KB · Views: 97
Thanks Travelover, and for not laughing at my welds!