Small job coming up...

/ Small job coming up...
I would love to see the gate with stone in it Harv. I plan to start on gate this week, weather has allowed the ground to dry out. Things are real busy now, planning for spring, starting dirt work on packing house, and on and on.

/ Small job coming up... #13  
Here's an interesting photo of a small gate I took while in Scotland sereral years ago. The detail impressed me.

Attachments

• DSC00086.jpg
    DSC00086.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 173
   / Small job coming up... #15  
Great Britain still has an apprentice program and appreciation for genuine wrought iron. If you ever get to see a real British blacksmith be prepared to be blown away. They can forge weld faster than you can mig weld and it is a better weld, prettier too.
Here's an interesting photo of a small gate I took while in Scotland sereral years ago. The detail impressed me.

/ Small job coming up...
Well it is still pretty wet here as you can see in the planted tractor thread. I'm still waiting on ground to dry where I need to work. I did do this little detail today.

Attachments

• image-1006779682.jpg
    image-1006779682.jpg
    595 KB · Views: 157
  • image-2377770612.jpg
    image-2377770612.jpg
    795.5 KB · Views: 150
   / Small job coming up... #17  
Having done a lot of work on those buckets myself, welding on attachments etc, I'd worry that the bucket would collapse with the least amount of load on it without some extra reinforcement. I've seen these buckets literally fold up like a tin can.

/ Small job coming up...
Having done a lot of work on those buckets myself, welding on attachments etc, I'd worry that the bucket would collapse with the least amount of load on it without some extra reinforcement. I've seen these buckets literally fold up like a tin can.

It is reinforced. Kubota has a piece welded from back over the top. Almost makes a funny square tube. I agree that the design is not as adequate as other manufactures. How do you recommend extra reinforcement?

/ Small job coming up...
Finished it. Just got around to post pic. Everything has been busy with strawberry harvest.

Attachments

• image-2339615365.jpg
    image-2339615365.jpg
    670.3 KB · Views: 125
  • image-4207914183.jpg
    image-4207914183.jpg
    705.7 KB · Views: 127
  • image-2211088240.jpg
    image-2211088240.jpg
    547.2 KB · Views: 112
   / Small job coming up... #20  
Finished it. Just got around to post pic. Everything has been busy with strawberry harvest.

Nice. Strawberries were one of my favorite crops to grow. Having been in the produce business either part time or full time during much of my life, its good to see the fruits of your labor.