Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tractor
    JCB165HF

Default Re: Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"

The guys at Quality Powder Coating texted me this today. We are discussing them using it as an example of their work at Autorama in Dallas in a couple of weeks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"-sign-flames-2.jpg  

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Woooh get me a fire hose!
    TXDon

Tractor
    Kioti DK50SE HST w/FEL, John Deere LX266 & STX38 Mowers. Stihl MS290 20" bar, & FS190

W O W Z A!!!!

That is AWESOME!

David
    Former Submariner & Army SGT
    2011 Kioti DK50SE HST, KL-401 FEL w/72" bucket, tooth bar, & Ratchet Rake, 2 rear remotes, canopy, WR Long RBG72 Grapple, Woods BB72X cutter & TSG-50 stump grinder, TSC PHD, & more to come. Mowers 2003 JD LX266 42" deck mower, & old JD STX-38 (12.5 hp).

Managing 51 Acres of Virginia hills with ponds & streams, mature market timber, riding trails, horse pasture, long gravel drive, veggie garden, & yard.

Tractor
    JCB165HF

I told them to do what they wanted to do with it and it would be fine with me. They blew me away.

Originally I designed a locking mechanism to keep it in place after being installed. I thought there might be the chance some hooligan might want it for his garage or man cave kind of thing. After what they did to it I think I might have to fabricate and install the lock.

Tractor
    JCB165HF

I told them to do what they wanted to do with it and it would be fine with me. They blew me away.

Originally I designed a locking mechanism to keep it in place after being installed. I thought there might be the chance some hooligan might want it for his garage or man cave kind of thing. After what they did to it I think I might have to fabricate and install the lock.

Tractor
    JCB165HF

He sent two pics. This is the other one. Note the leverage bar, the one for installing the sign holder, can also be a boot scraper, North Texas, mud capital of Texas.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"-sign-flames-3.jpg  

Veteran Member

Harv... you have done it again, that looks great. You have a great imagination and the skills to make them real.
    You are correct, where I work.. that would have the life expectancy of one night before some low life hooligan wanted it for his own.
    Jim

- '01 Husqvarna W4814- 48" walk behind lawn mower.
    - '04 John Deere Z-Trac 727A- 54" ZTR
    - '13 Kioti DK40 HST - KL401 loader, DK40 72" QA bucket, LK3054 60" QA bucket, toothbar for 60" bucket, dual rear remotes, 7ft 6 way rear blade, 78" ETA Box Blade, Woods BH-90x backhoe, loaded rear tires, Kioti Canopy.

Tractor
    JD 5520, 790 TLB-- Kub L4300, B7800, MX5100

Great powder coating job.

May I be the kind of person my dogs think I am,

Tractor
    JCB165HF

It is always more fun when an idea turns out better than you expected. The sign frame shines like a ruby in a goat's butt.

I had a plan if it looked like the sign frame would grow legs, just in case kind of thing. Once we had it up it was obvious that some cholo or redneck would want it for the their man cave because they are like that. We implemented the plan. We screwed in a screw in anchor and then installed the sign close enough to be padlocked to the anchor. Check out the first picture.

The story of the fence is over in Projects. It's all steel that has been hot dipped galvanized and then powder coated. It's a thirty year wood fence minimum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"-002.jpg   Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"-001.jpg   Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"-014.jpg  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123