Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"
The guys at Quality Powder Coating texted me this today. We are discussing them using it as an example of their work at Autorama in Dallas in a couple of weeks.

Attachments

• sign with flames 2.JPG
    sign with flames 2.JPG
    688.6 KB · Views: 207
   / Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #22  
Woooh get me a fire hose!

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #23  
W O W Z A!!!!

That is AWESOME!

David

I told them to do what they wanted to do with it and it would be fine with me. They blew me away.

Originally I designed a locking mechanism to keep it in place after being installed. I thought there might be the chance some hooligan might want it for his garage or man cave kind of thing. After what they did to it I think I might have to fabricate and install the lock.

I told them to do what they wanted to do with it and it would be fine with me. They blew me away.

Originally I designed a locking mechanism to keep it in place after being installed. I thought there might be the chance some hooligan might want it for his garage or man cave kind of thing. After what they did to it I think I might have to fabricate and install the lock.

He sent two pics. This is the other one. Note the leverage bar, the one for installing the sign holder, can also be a boot scraper, North Texas, mud capital of Texas.

Attachments

• sign with flames 3.JPG
    sign with flames 3.JPG
    729.9 KB · Views: 181
   / Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #27  
Harv... you have done it again, that looks great. You have a great imagination and the skills to make them real.
You are correct, where I work.. that would have the life expectancy of one night before some low life hooligan wanted it for his own.

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #28  
Great powder coating job.

It is always more fun when an idea turns out better than you expected. The sign frame shines like a ruby in a goat's butt.

I had a plan if it looked like the sign frame would grow legs, just in case kind of thing. Once we had it up it was obvious that some cholo or redneck would want it for the their man cave because they are like that. We implemented the plan. We screwed in a screw in anchor and then installed the sign close enough to be padlocked to the anchor. Check out the first picture.

The story of the fence is over in Projects. It's all steel that has been hot dipped galvanized and then powder coated. It's a thirty year wood fence minimum.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 167
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 151
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 113