Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #1  

wroughtn_harv

Tractor
2013 Volvo MC85C
I like playing with pipe, character flaw I will admit.

I'm building a special metal fence (over in projects) and thought this would be the right time to do something I've wanted to do for some time now.

I started with a bucket of bent 1" pipe (1 3/8" O.D.). I have a hydraulic Hossfield and some 6" and 12" 180 degree dies for 1" pipe. I've had the bucket of odds and ends for probably six or seven years.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1,022 KB · Views: 576
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    1,015.3 KB · Views: 447
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 365
   / Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly"
I want to put up a real estate style sign on the fancy fence project to let everyone know who the nut is making it. I decided a week or so ago that I wanted the sign to reflect a well rounded bit of creativity.

I talked to my powder coater and they jumped on the idea like a hen on a June bug. It seems they have a creative type that can take this idea with color where it needs to go. Basically he can take the oranges, reds, yellows, and whites, and color these flames before they go into the oven. This allegedly will take the colors to a fade to great like no other.

All I had to do was cut, weld, and grind some pipe flames for the sign.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    831 KB · Views: 407
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    868.7 KB · Views: 567
   / Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #3  
Harv, just like all your other projects I can't wait to see how this one turns out!!! :)

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #4  
Harvey, you're on fire. Love it. I anxious to see how the flames look.

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #5  
Yeah, your wife thinks you're silly for making something artistic that you could sell when done and likely turn a profit. Of course that's different from her owning 50 pairs of shoes that depreciate on a daily basis and eventually wind up at Goodwill. Might not want to mention it though.
Looks like a great project.

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #6  
Yeah, your wife thinks you're silly for making something artistic that you could sell when done and likely turn a profit.

A volunteer fire department would pay good money for the "art" to frame their name on their fire station.

A volunteer fire department would pay good money for the "art" to frame their name on their fire station.

You know Don that might be just the excuse we've been looking for to have another TBN Texas get together. I can bend up a bunch of pipe pieces and then we can have a hot time in the country with everyone participating like we always do. I'm sure there is more than one volunteer fire department member of who shares a membership in TBN in Texas or borderline states.

If it goes like it used to we would have stuff smoking, to eat for those not fluent in great TBN times in Texas, and we could be making flames too. I'm sure Quality would treat us right when it came to powder coating the projects.

Yeah, your wife thinks you're silly for making something artistic that you could sell when done and likely turn a profit. Of course that's different from her owning 50 pairs of shoes that depreciate on a daily basis and eventually wind up at Goodwill. Might not want to mention it though.
Looks like a great project.

My wife thinks the flames are silly. My wife thinks the creative side of me is okay, well, let's say she doesn't mind it as much as she used too. Besides that, she appreciates the kinds of folks that like the creative stuff, like those on TBN.

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #9  
I'd like to see what your powder coater could do with my horseshoe sunburst..!! I like flames too..!! Forge style... :)

168873_1804154223084_5162781_n.jpg

/ Boys just want to have fun or "my wife thinks I'm silly" #10  
Best way to keep a wife from complaining is to put a check in her hands from the "tool" you bought or project you started that turned a profit (made anything really). Works for me.