Another looking for a welder guidance thread

/ Another looking for a welder guidance thread #21  
Are you thinking about the Maxstar 150 STH? Wanting to do thin wall chrome moly tubing the pulse option would really be nice!

/ Another looking for a welder guidance thread
Are you thinking about the Maxstar 150 STH? Wanting to do thin wall chrome moly tubing the pulse option would really be nice!
Yes, I am looking at the STH version. Would the 150 also be able to handle the 1/4" thick implement repair?

Remember now I'm not much of a Tig weldor. :)
From what I have seen of your welding.... that is like the Archbishop saying he is not much of a Catholic. :D

/ Another looking for a welder guidance thread #23  
   / Another looking for a welder guidance thread #24  
   / Another looking for a welder guidance thread #25  
why don't you look at a everlast 140st.it will run 1/8 6011 or 3/32 7018.which is plenty for thick steel.it also comes with a scratch start tig torch.it is less than 300 dollars.all you need is some longer leads and a argon bottle.

why don't you look at a everlast 140st.it will run 1/8 6011 or 3/32 7018.which is plenty for thick steel.it also comes with a scratch start tig torch.it is less than 300 dollars.all you need is some longer leads and a argon bottle.

I have a call into Mark @ Everlast to see what they have to offer that suits my needs. My primary use will be as a TIG machine, not stick, so that is my priority. At the moment my stick skills are basically non-existent, actually terrible might best describe them. I appreciate all inputs and comments, $300+ for an Everlast that will work for me is certainly more tempting than a $1800 Miller. Especially since it will be used part time in a hobby, not for making money.

Hmmm, 6010, 6011, 7018, I think I got some more research to do as I have no clue what these are used for.

/ Another looking for a welder guidance thread #28