Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    2010 John Deere X360

Smile A partial review of my new Everlast 250P welder.

As some here may know I ordered a new Everlast I-MIG 205 welder a few weeks ago.
    It worked for just a minute or so, Mark from Everlast and I tried to diagnose the welder
    but to no avail.
    Oleg, also from Everlast offered me a full refund, I turned it down and he gave me a great
    deal on a 250P. So the 205 was sent back and a 250P was on its way.
    For starters, the welder is very robust as in built very well. I welded with it last Saturday
    and it performed flawlessly all day. I dabbled a little bit with the pulse feature but feel I
    need more input on adjusting the 3 knobs. As some may know, I weld 8 hours a day, 5
    days a week. I go through a 44 pound spool of Lincoln L50 wire every 2 days. So, I feel I'm
    not a novice
    This weekend I will try and dabble with the stick welding feature but I was too excited
    welding with the mig that the stick could wait. The wife and I are building (Yes, the wife
    and I) a cart for the welder. The 250P came with heavy duty wheels but me being the
    type of person that I am, I just felt this welder justifies its own cart. In the future, I would
    like to purchase a plasma cutter so that will also be put on the cart.
    As far as the welds, other than more spatter than I am used too, the welds were terrific.
    If this thread doesn't get shut down like my other one did, I will add to it as my welding cart
    progresses. As far as Mark and Oleg go, I could not pick two better individuals to do business
    with. Both were terrific in the purchase process, shipping process and the set-up process.
    In a heartbeat, I would deal with these two people again without any hesitation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -01-26-13-welder-5-a   -01-26-13-welder-8-a   -01-26-13-welder-10-a   -01-26-13-welder-12-a  
    Hours=108,bought June 12th,2010 J/DX360,
    2 spinner knobs,brush guard,J/D 10P cart,4 suitcase weights,75 lbs RimGuard in each rear tire,Brinly 24x36 poly lawn roller.Markcuda.com
    "if you like your healthcare,you can keep it"
    "if you like your doctor,you can keep them"

Tractor
    2010 John Deere X360

Default Re: A partial review of my new Everlast 250P welder.

A few more pictures.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -01-26-13-welder-3-a   -01-26-13-welder-16-a   -01-26-13-welder-15-a   -01-26-13-welder-7-a  
    2 spinner knobs,brush guard,J/D 10P cart,4 suitcase weights,75 lbs RimGuard in each rear tire,Brinly 24x36 poly lawn roller.Markcuda.com

Tractor
    Mahindra 5010

Glad you are enjoying the new machine. I have never used a pulsed mig before, but it sure looks nice. I'm interested in how it will handle different rods. Have fun.

Tractor
    2010 John Deere X360

This Sunday I will try some 6011 rods.

Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.
    Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

I don't think I've played with the pulse on my V350-Pro yet. I understand it is more for very thin material, and very helpful on thin stainless steel.

Far as the splatter, I haven't seen it with Mig wire, but I'm convinced these inverters like different brands of SMAW rods. My V350-Pro loves ESAB's Atom Arc 7018, where as member Furu Longevity Stickweld 250 loves Lincoln's Excalibur 7018.

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    Lincoln SG Spool gun

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    5 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    Hypertherm Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.
    JD2 model 3

Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

I lied, I did play with the pulse some, but with aluminum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -flat-fillet-jpg   -corner-joint-clean-jpg   -corner-penetration-jpg   -5356-flat-jpg  

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    Lincoln SG Spool gun

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    5 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    JD2 model 3

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA 247. Husqvarna 54", Cub Zero Turn.Polaris 850 ATV's Stihl 018 026 Pro, 029, 034 Super AV, 039, 044 Mag. Stihl Pole Saw.

Pulse is actually a replacement for Spray Arc. No Spatter, High Speed and Hot !.. Welds through mill scale, medium rust, dirt and grease. This unit has a different pulse set up than I am used to but It can be set up similar to an Ac Tig. Frequency is usually pulses per second which in Mig should be fairly high. Pulse volts is a new one to me but I think % would be the amout of time the wave is at peak. If my machine was in front of me I could offere some % help and if you don't have it by Friday, I will try to help. This will take you a little doing but once you get it, You will never have spatter again. It would also be cool to try your pulse frequency turned down low to see if it will pulse at like 1 or 2 per second. If it will and it will still burn the wire, It may be a neat thin material option. I would like to play with it for a couple days.

Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

Quote Originally Posted by yomax4 View Post
    Pulse is actually a replacement for Spray Arc. No Spatter, High Speed and Hot !.. Welds through mill scale, medium rust, dirt and grease.
    Really? Don't think I've ever heard this before!
    When I first got my Dynasty 300, I was having trouble with aluminum fillet welds. I was getting what I describe as a horseshoe, a small area where the puddle was not liquid, right where the two plates joined. I was told to use the pulse to narrow the arc. I found using 85% background, 80% peak time, and 200 pulses per second worked best. What little thin aluminum I weld with the Dynasty I just adjust the AC frequency. Lower frequency for thin aluminum, and high frequency when I want a lot of penetration.
    See, learn something here just about everyday!

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    Lincoln SG Spool gun

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    5 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    JD2 model 3

Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

I found this very interesting article on pulsed Mig welding.

Pulsed MIG Welding

Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    Lincoln SG Spool gun

Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    5 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw
    JD2 model 3

If you are welding aluminum, you are in spray transfer anyway... so pulsed spray is a natural for it.

The pulse on our machines is a simple or single pulse, not a pulse on pulse, stair stepped pulse. But it is effective. The lowest pulse rate is 20, and I believe the highest is 200 or so.

The theory behind pulsed spray is that the welder drops out of spray and into the globular transfer range just long enough to cool the weld a little, but not long enough to allow any metal transfer.

People (wrongly) buy our MIGS to use the pulse in short arc transfer...missing the point entirely. It just yields a lower quality weld. Keep the pulse off while in short arc...and as the Lincoln article referenced, reduce adjustable inductance(arc force) while in pulse to get maximum effect.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/

Need a welder? Give me a call at (877) 755-9353 ext 204!

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast