Shielding gases

/ Shielding gases
Ran my new miller today at the setting the book recomended for1/2". It was definitely a spray transfer, way hotter than what I usually like to run.

/ Shielding gases
:laughing:

I know it takes so long to upload pics. I make my wife do it and she gets mad. I'll get a pic and try to get it here tonight.

/ Shielding gases
Got your pics shield arc. First is the book setting. The second is a setting that is closer to what I prefer. I didn't add any movement to the book setting. The arc looked identical to and performed like spray transfer.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    819.1 KB · Views: 125
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 131
   / Shielding gases #36  
Oh I like the second one too! The first one looks like it has a slight bit of undercut on the top toe. Or do you think you travel speed was to fast on the first one?

/ Shielding gases
Oh I like the second one too! The first one looks like it has a slight bit of undercut on the top toe. Or do you think you travel speed was to fast on the first one?

There was some undercut at the end. I didn't stay in the puddle long enough. The rest of weld, wetted in pretty well. I'll try the setting with some movement tomorrow. Still like cooler settings. I was in a hurry, ran out to the shop in shorts and my wife's crocs to weld and get some pics!!!!

/ Shielding gases #38  
I think all these settings in books, and calculators are fine. But I can't tell you how many wire feed tests I've taken when I walked into the testing booth there was duct tape over all the gauges! First part of the test, is to see if you're capable of setting the machine to the wire manufacturer's specifications. If not, you don't even get to take the test, you go home right there!:eek:

/ Shielding gases
I think all these settings in books, and calculators are fine. But I can't tell you how many wire feed tests I've taken when I walked into the testing booth there was duct tape over all the gauges! First part of the test, is to see if you're capable of setting the machine to the wire manufacturer's specifications. If not, you don't even get to take the test, you go home right there!:eek:

The tests I've taken the tech sets the machine to specified weld settings. I couldn't touch the machine. If you did, you were failed.

/ Shielding gases #40  
The tests I've taken the tech sets the machine to specified weld settings. I couldn't touch the machine. If you did, you were failed.
Really?!:shocked: That is strange! I think I'd have to slap his hands for touching my machine!:laughing: