Default Miller Legend Help

A man down the road has a late model Legend (06 maybe 07- don;t know the exact number) for sale. Are these good welders? I have had several miller bobcat 225's. I build some pipe fence around my place, and might weld up a plow. Will this do everything a bobcat would and maybe more? thanks

Tractor
    53' Allis WD, 54' Allis WD 45, 52' allis CA, Farmall 560, 656 , 47' Deere model A , 38' Deere model A

Default Re: Miller Legend Help

If you can't get any info here. The welding web forum has a Miller section, where I'm sure they could help you out.

Tractor
    JCB165HF

Quote Originally Posted by loudhornsrule View Post
    A man down the road has a late model Legend (06 maybe 07- don;t know the exact number) for sale. Are these good welders? I have had several miller bobcat 225's. I build some pipe fence around my place, and might weld up a plow. Will this do everything a bobcat would and maybe more? thanks
    I have a Legend. It is the second one I have had.

They are a much better welder than a Bobcat in my opinion. It isn't as good as a Trailblazer, but then few other welders are.

Pluses, great welding cycle.

Minuses, the create 60 cycle voltage only at idle. So if you want to use it as a generator it is the cat's meow. Bobcats and Trailblazers rev up for ac use, Legend just purrs. But if you want to use ac, grinders etc, anything with a brush motor, they have a low amp plug that provides 90 cycle 110 volts only while welding.

Ok thanks guys