6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison)

/ 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #1  

ChuckE2009

Silver Member
Goodmorning, everyone :)

So, I decided to run another electrode comparison just for the fun of it, and my results... Surprised even me!! Haha, but then again, I don't run a lot of 6013...

Anyway, what I did, was I got a box of Lincoln Fleetweld 37 and some Hobart 6013 and started welding... I compared them in terms of how much they cost (per pound), how well they ran, how easily the slag came off and how hard it was to clean a weld... And then, of course, I put them through a break test:

It was a really enjoyable test... And I've got a few more planned for the near future, as well...

Well, I hope y'all like the video... Just wanted to share it... Have a great week, everybody :)

/ 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #2  
Great vid bud, loved it! When did you get the smoke eater?

/ 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #3  
Good Vid, My thoughts exactly on the 6013.. I can go all day and not miss 6013.:) I still have a bunch of it, and I use it occasionally for tacking, but not my go to rod for sure.

James K0UA

/ 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #5  
I really like 6013. I will try to watch vid when my phone has better service. They are always entertaining. I know some used to hang out on other forums and talk welding- anyone remember 6013 electrode negative post by a pipe welder from Ireland??? I don't remember anything much but he was amazing. His consistency was awesome. I just like stick welding period, different rods any machine it's all good.

/ 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #6  
anyone remember 6013 electrode negative post by a pipe welder from Ireland??? I don't remember anything much but he was amazing. His consistency was awesome.
Yes his name is Allen, goes by "Pipe Welder", and "Flange Jockey", he is from Northern Ireland.

/ 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #7  
I thought I saved some of his pictures!

Attachments

• cap1.JPG
    cap1.JPG
    100.6 KB · Views: 171
  • cap2.JPG
    cap2.JPG
    79.2 KB · Views: 396
  • cap5.JPG
    cap5.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 172
  • root2.JPG
    root2.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 169
   / 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #8  
Yes! The guy can flat out weld.

/ 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #9  
I've had several conversation with Allen over the years. He says 6013 is the go to rod in Europe for high pressure pipe welding.
Personally, I think the guy is an artiest!

/ 6013 Put To The Test (Hobart vs Lincoln Electrode Comparison) #10  
I've had several conversation with Allen over the years. He says 6013 is the go to rod in Europe for high pressure pipe welding.
Personally, I think the guy is an artiest!

I second that! His work is something to aspire to. Like the new hat btw!