Update on my Stickweld 250

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #11  
Slow spin engine
View attachment 302183

Faster spin engine
View attachment 302184

Assume the volt scale (vertical axis) and the time scale (horizontal axis) is the same on these two graph pics. In short, the faster spin engine has more waves in a given time so more time that voltage is at peak verses being closer to zero. In this overly simplistic example the ratio is 2 waves to 1 wave in the same amount of time. Remember this is all happening in milliseconds of time so the effect is not easily noticeable in real time that a human can perceive, but nonetheless does make slight differences in performance as you have observed.

I don't think that's correct. I think they both spend the same amount of cummulative time above any X voltage

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #12  
Shieldarc,

Well after spending a couple days with Furu's Longevity 250: How does it compare against your Everlast PA-200? Which one welds better at 200 amps or less? Purposely limiting the range to that of the smaller of the two machine in fairness.

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #13  
AFAIK, engine drven welders use a true DC genetator, not an AC alternator. The subtle diferances are likly due to the volt/amp curve, and/or the resistance of the output windings.

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #14  
Shieldarc,

Well after spending a couple days with Furu's Longevity 250: How does it compare against your Everlast PA-200? Which one welds better at 200 amps or less? Purposely limiting the range to that of the smaller of the two machine in fairness.
I'd have to say the Everlast has the edge for a better quality puddle, even though it doesn't have hot start, and arc force like the Stickweld 250. With having such a big gap in amps compared to my V350-Pro I'm afraid something may be wrong with Furu's machine! Oh I know all machines very a little, but 40 + amps:shocked:! Also I didn't see much range in the arc force, or the hot start compared to the V350-Pro, but, but, the V350-Pro is 10 times the money too!

I'd like to see Longevity join in on this thread, at least tell us if they see one brand of 6010 works better than another. The Stickweld 250 did run a pretty 10P-Plus 6010 weld! All the other brands of 6010 we tried would just fall flat for no reason! I've been at this long enough to know when it's my fault, and when it's the machines fault!;)

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #15  
Ya know, honestly, I've never tried running 6010 on my StickWeld 250, simply because its expensive and very hard to buy locally...

BUT, I've run Hobart and Lincoln 6011 on it... It runs them both pretty well, but LOVES lincoln 6011... Ya know, the kind you can buy in five pound boxes at Lowes and Home depot... Trick is to use that 6010 port, and CRANK that arc force, like, all the way up. Then I've found it runs it pretty well...

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #16  
Hey ChuckE2009 what's up with the Hp or Htp mig welder in the back ground on your video. Are you doing a review of that brand?

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #17  
Trick is to use that 6010 port, and CRANK that arc force, like, all the way up. Then I've found it runs it pretty well...
Yeah that is what we did.
What do you think about having to run so much amperage? Have you seen any difference between your Stickweld 250, and your Lincoln?

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #18  
Bday- Yes, I will be. It shall be a good review, because this machine ROCKS :) I love it...

Shield Arc- Hmmmm, ya know, I'm not too sure... My little Hobart Stickmate always took more amperage than what the same electrode would run with a welder at school...

Then I got the Lincoln, and everything suddenly took "less" amps for some reason...

Now I use the StickWeld...

And I havent really noticed a difference...

I've gotta make a pilgrimage to the LWS to exchange a buddy's tank he lent me when I was out... I see some 6010 in my future... :)

I'd say if you're machines running "too much" amperage, somethings not right...

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #19  
Almost bought there large mig machine. I went with the Miller 252, wanted to get away from the tap machine. There large unit had the 6 taps with 4 taps within those settings. Wish you would have done your review sooner may have changed my mind and saved some money!

What's the price on the Avani unit if you don't mind me asking?

/ Update on my Stickweld 250 #20  
I'd say if you're machines running "too much" amperage, somethings not right...
That is what I'm afraid of! I run 1/8-inch 6010 around 80-amps on the V350-Pro to get the same results on the Stickweld 250 I was a little over 120-amps! Furu will probably have the exact numbers. To me that is just way to big of a difference!
Lanse I really look forward to what you find out.;)