Welding Rod Prices!

/ Welding Rod Prices! #1  

Gem99ultra

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L3400HST
I just checked the current pricing on weldng rods! Geez - the national average price for 7018's went up from $13/pound to $23/pound - in TWO weeks from the end of January to the second week of February.

Can that be right? Prices appear to have been pretty much level for the last year or more. Why the sudden surge?

/ Welding Rod Prices!
That's about 1/2 the price the article that I was reading quoted. Their price on 6011 was nearly $5.00/lb. Sounds like they were getting some boggy quotes.

/ Welding Rod Prices! #4  
I just checked the current pricing on weldng rods! Geez - the national average price for 7018's went up from $13/pound to $23/pound - in TWO weeks from the end of January to the second week of February.

Can that be right? Prices appear to have been pretty much level for the last year or more. Why the sudden surge?
Sounds like they got the decimal point to far to the right. $2.30 might be more like it for 7018 but then again I haven't bought any in 3 years. I stocked up at about 1 buck per pound.

/ Welding Rod Prices!
Great - looks like the price averages in the construction mag were totally off by a decimal. Thanks!