Welder options????

/ Welder options???? #31  
Look under the stickies for welding and you will find the longevity info. Just send a pm to either and ask.

/ Welder options????
Look under the stickies for welding and you will find the longevity info. Just send a pm to either and ask.

Thanks,
I sent a PM to LongevitySimon I think it was.

/ Welder options????
Sheild Arc

I talked to a family member that works for Airgas they put me in touch with a salesman for them. He said he would advise me not to go with a MTS for what I want to do. He said a MTS will do all 3 forms well but not good or great. He went on to say that he could sell me two separate units. Mig/Stick and a Tig AC unit for probably less than what the Multimatic sales for. I just wanted to see if you agree with what the salesman was saying?

Thanks,

/ Welder options???? #34  
When you say MTS, are you talking about the machine in the link you included in your first post in this thread?

/ Welder options????
When you say MTS, are you talking about the machine in the link you included in your first post in this thread?
As far as what I can tell MTS stands for Mig/Tig/Stick. I called a local airgas today and got the following pricing:

PKG,MULTIMATIC 200 W/TIG KIT Stock#951474
$2,169.00

$212.00 Spool gun Stock #300371

$236.00 80 cf bottle 100% argon

$236.00 80 cf bottle 75% argon 25% co2

/ Welder options???? #36  
Sheild Arc

I talked to a family member that works for Airgas they put me in touch with a salesman for them. He said he would advise me not to go with a MTS for what I want to do. He said a MTS will do all 3 forms well but not good or great. He went on to say that he could sell me two separate units. Mig/Stick and a Tig AC unit for probably less than what the Multimatic sales for. I just wanted to see if you agree with what the salesman was saying?

Thanks,

That guy, didn't know what he was talking about...The Miller MTS performs flawlessly. So do most of the other MTS's I have used, including TA and ours. Anyone that has ever run a Miller XMT would smack him in the mouth. He's trying to pad his pocket with a bonus commission or something on some hard to move product. I can't see how he could deliver on that promise in the least way, unless he sold you used transformer machines.

/ Welder options???? #37  
I've never seen the Multimatic 200, and don't remember reading any reviews on it either. What that salesman is saying in a way doesn't surprise me! Miller has dropped the ball on a few of these smaller machine in the last few years. I know a few people who bought the Miller Maxstars, they are very disappointed in the machines ability to run 6010. Which I find hilarious when my Everlast PA-200 runs 6010 every bit as nice as either one of my Lincoln short hood machines! It would be interesting to see what he has in mind!

Far as MTS = Mig, Tig, Stick multi process machines. I have to say my V350-Pro is hands down the best welding machine I've every run! I have not Tig welded with it. Main reason is I didn't buy a foot pedal for it. I could hook up my Tig rig, but I feel it would be a waste of time, reason being with the quality of arc that machine has with SMAW I have no doubt it will Tig weld great too. I have Mig welded with it, again one of the best Mig machines I've ever used too. The pinch option is just about the same as the inductance control on my 1980s Linde VI-206. With the turn of a dial you can wet out the puddle for flat welding, or dry the puddle up for vertical up hill welding. This machine just amazes me with the control it has over the puddle! I would really like to get my hands on a Miller XMT-350 just to compare the two. But I got a feeling they will be pretty equal from what I've read.

/ Welder options???? #38  
That guy, didn't know what he was talking about...The Miller MTS performs flawlessly. So do most of the other MTS's I have used, including TA and ours. Anyone that has ever run a Miller XMT would smack him in the mouth. He's trying to pad his pocket with a bonus commission or something on some hard to move product. I can't see how he could deliver on that promise in the least way, unless he sold you used transformer machines.
I got to learn how to type faster! :laughing:

/ Welder options???? #39  
That spool gun price seems a little low. I suspect it is their low end 100 amp gun...not their better 200 amp one which you'd probably rather have.

/ Welder options????

Thanks for the reply. Do you have a unit that will auto sense the incoming voltage and adjust like the multimatic 200? Here is what I think I am looking to do now. I think I will go with a unit like the multimatic 200 for mig and stick and portability and go with a separate Tig welder. I was trying to do it all in one but it doesn't look like I can get the portability of the miller and get the functionality of the AC tig. I will look over the Powertig unit you recommended to me earlier and get back to you. In the mean time I would like to know if you have anything that can more directly compare to the multimatic 200.