Welder options????

/ Welder options???? #41  
Fordman,
The only way which our units wouldn't directly compare is the fact you get MORE overall included in the package than you do with the Miller. They are portable and have a little stronger drive feed than what I've seen on the Miller MTS. And it does not have the dual voltage.

The i-MIG 200 (sent you a pm as well just now), is a stick tig welder with dual voltage. But on 120V, output is about 130 amps or so on MIG...about 85 on stick. You do not have to change anything internal with our units to make them work on 110V. But you would need to create a pig tail so you can plug your 220 plug in to a 110 plug. Easy enough to do for about 20.00, or you can order one from several sources. You can also set it up for DC scratch start if you like. However, low end amps are about 30...which is plenty low for most steel/stainless apps.

/ Welder options???? #42  
After 35 years of welding (hobby) experience, I used to recommend Miller having owned a number of them but lately it seems any thread on TBN asking advice about which welder one should buy, eventually gets pigeon-holed into discussing Everlast welders. Opinions about the quality of that product are met with fierce resistance and since Everlast is one sponsor of TBN, it is very possible the thread will be :censored:

It's best not to ask which welder will be best to suit you here. Everlast wins every time. Better to go here and ask that question: WeldingWeb - Welding forum for pros and enthusiasts - Powered by vBulletin

/ Welder options???? #43  
After 35 years of welding (hobby) experience, I used to recommend Miller having owned a number of them but lately it seems any thread on TBN asking advice about which welder one should buy, eventually gets pigeon-holed into discussing Everlast welders. Opinions about the quality of that product are met with fierce resistance and since Everlast is one sponsor of TBN, it is very possible the thread will be :censored:

It's best not to ask which welder will be best to suit you here. Everlast wins every time. Better to go here and ask that question: WeldingWeb - Welding forum for pros and enthusiasts - Powered by vBulletin
I think a lot of the reason, most of these guys put such a low limit on what they want to spend.
When you talk Lincoln, Miller, ESAB, Thermal Arc, best get ready to spend some real money! ;)

/ Welder options???? #44  
Yup, I didn't want to spend 2300 on a Miller 252.

/ Welder options???? #45  
The only thing that the owners censor is the garbage that people drop by and try to start. IF you read, the OP asks about the units themselves and WANTS information. Your bent is obvious as it is stated. You are Miller man, not a Lincoln or ESAB, or TA man, which all produce great equipment...How on earth could anyone expect balanced information from a man who recommends only 1 product name based off of hobby experience? Here, you have guys with pro experience with broad product and multi brand experience recommending or discussing our product... People tend to seek their own kind. Anyone that goes to WW automatically is snowballed for even asking a question about any imported piece of equipment, and most of the time anything but Miller. We have a TA guy here, that is honest as it comes and recognizes the good and bad in all product and discusses the various aspects and brands based from his broad experience as well. I've welded professionally for years, running my own business part and full time, fabricating and repair, and my shop was Yellow and Red before I stated working for Everlast. I still operate part time fabricating sawmills, trailers, ornamental iron, and smokers along with the occasional repair or rebuilding project. I recognized a good product and wanted to be on board...I wasn't immediately convinced...I admit. But seeing the potential and investigating the product further, I came on board.

/ Welder options???? #46  

Didn't take long, did it?:rolleyes:

/ Welder options????

Trout,

I would like your honost opinion on the multimatic 200 I'm really considering that machine and then a separate Tig machine after I take my tig welding class and see what they use and what the instructor recommends. I am just looking at all the products with an open view. I too have had a great experience with Miller. The current Mig machine I have had for 11 years and it has never had not even one problem still works flawless. That's the reason I'm looking so hard at the Multimatic 200 it seems like a nice extremely portable machine and I think it is more powerful than my current Mig.. I am not in the same state as that welder right now. I'm going to have to call my dad get him to get me the model number off of it so I can see what it specs out at.

/ Welder options????
Ok so my old welder is a Millermatic Challenger 172 So the Multimatic is more powerful than my current welder it looks like to me anyways. :thumbsup:

/ Welder options???? #49  
The only thing that the owners censor is the garbage that people drop by and try to start.

Case in point. I have never used language such as this in my recommendations and don't plan to.

Fordman, my apologies for not responding to your inquiry about the Millers as I've decided not to advise on this board about welding equipment because of my previously stated concerns. I do find the folks over at Welding Web to be friendly and helpful even to newcomers. Most of these guys are not agenda-driven and will give honest assessments of what they feel will serve you best.

/ Welder options????
Case in point. I have never used language such as this in my recommendations and don't plan to.

Fordman, my apologies for not responding to your inquiry about the Millers as I've decided not to advise on this board about welding equipment because of my previously stated concerns. I do find the folks over at Welding Web to be friendly and helpful even to newcomers. Most of these guys are not agenda-driven and will give honest assessments of what they feel will serve you best.

I understand completely. Thanks