Lincoln Outback 185

/ Lincoln Outback 185 #1  

lutt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota ZG 22, John Deere 4200 4wd/ 420 loader, 4 wd,08 polaris 700 ranger crew
Hello everyone, anybody had any expierance with a Lincoln Outback 185? Looking for a small welder/gen to carry in the back of my pickup. Mostly farm mantaince, and putting a pipe fence up around my place. Really dont want anything bigger in size or weight. And the electric start would be a positive. I have use of a miller bobcat, but rather buy my own. Bobcat is a little big for the back of my truck. Any pros and cons of these? Anybody own one?LUTT

/ Lincoln Outback 185 #2  
Hey lutt. The outback 185 looks to be a great machine but I have not used it. I have really looked at it and the miller bluestar. Miller also has a wildcat 200. It's a little bigger but weighs about the same. My thoughts were to put my machine and stuff back on trailer and downsize pickup truck and have small machine and small cutting torch rig on skid for quick money jobs.

/ Lincoln Outback 185
Thanks Reyer, I probly will wind up getting one this year. I am not scared of anything lincoln has. I will check out the Millers also, we run a miller bobcat on the farm and it has been excellent.I think hobart has one also, but it is a recoil. I am getting where I dont like to pull start anything anymore. I have a later model silverado with the 5' 5" bed and there is not much room. Also, I am gone a lot, and electric start would be good for the wife and kids for gen. duty. THat is a good idea on the skid, I may have to come up with something like that. Thanks LUTT

/ Lincoln Outback 185 #4  
Your very welcome. Let me know when you get it and how it works!

/ Lincoln Outback 185 #6  
I don't have any knowledge of the welder in question but I will add that I bought a Miller Blue star for exactly the same thing a few years ago. I ended up putting it on one of those little 2 wheel welding trailers with the lead wraps on the back. I added a Job box on the front and that trailer has been the best idea in years. I have all the welding rod, gloves, clamps, helmets, etc in the job box along with grinders, a couple drills(corded and cordless) and a set of bits. I also threw in a set of tools. Now whenever we need to do any welding we just hook onto the trailer and we know we have everything right there, I usually pull it with a 4 wheeler or garden tractor around the place. For in the shop work I pull it out beside the driveway, I have 50' leads and they reach inside fine.

/ Lincoln Outback 185 #7  
I don't have any knowledge of the welder in question but I will add that I bought a Miller Blue star for exactly the same thing a few years ago. I ended up putting it on one of those little 2 wheel welding trailers with the lead wraps on the back. I added a Job box on the front and that trailer has been the best idea in years. I have all the welding rod, gloves, clamps, helmets, etc in the job box along with grinders, a couple drills(corded and cordless) and a set of bits. I also threw in a set of tools. Now whenever we need to do any welding we just hook onto the trailer and we know we have everything right there, I usually pull it with a 4 wheeler or garden tractor around the place. For in the shop work I pull it out beside the driveway, I have 50' leads and they reach inside fine.

How is the fuel use? What size did you get and electric or recoil start?

/ Lincoln Outback 185

Pretty cool, yes, please tell us more about it. LUTT