Which MIG wire is the best.

/ Which MIG wire is the best.
Go to Wal-Mart or the dollar store, and try on different pairs of reading glasses. May want to measure the distance from your eyes to the conformable welding area. Then when you're at the store hold up something with small print at that same distance. That way you get the correct power of reading glasses. I went through this about 7 or 8 years ago.

That would be a problem as I already have bifocal glasses.

What I mean by stick out, is the distance between the puddle and the contact tip. I run about 3/8-inch.
Sometimes I move the gas nozzle back where the contact tip is sticking out an 1/8-inch or so. Other times I have the contact tip flush with the end of the gas nozzle. A lot of different opinions about this, you'll have to find what works best for you.;)

Oh OK, I am sure that I didnt pay close enough attention to the stick out. Since I looked at the guides you posted that is likely some of my spatter issue this evening.

/ Which MIG wire is the best. #25  
That would be a problem as I already have bifocal glasses.
I wear progressive bifocals for everyday walking around, but they drive me crazy searching for the right spot while welding. I have one pair of dollar store reading glasses for wire feed, and stick welding, and another pair of reading glasses for Tig welding. But this is one of the few things we can't help you with, you have to figure out what works best for you.;)

/ Which MIG wire is the best. #26  
dex3361 said:
Something like that just might help if I can find one to fit my cheapo HF auto darkening hood.

I have that hood, and I just used some of that blue masking tape to hold a magnifier lense in place.
I have a second hood without that I use for stick welding.

/ Which MIG wire is the best. #27  
I use a magnifying lens in my hood. It drives everybody crazy that trys to borrow it. LOL, My bifocals I usually just take off since I have the magnifyer in the hood. My regular perscription calls for 2.25 manification in the lower bifocal part of my glasses and this is the manification I chose for the hood lens.

Did I mention that having a magnifying hood lens means nobody wants to borrow your hood???

I use a magnifying lens in my hood. It drives everybody crazy that trys to borrow it. LOL, My bifocals I usually just take off since I have the magnifyer in the hood. My regular perscription calls for 2.25 manification in the lower bifocal part of my glasses and this is the manification I chose for the hood lens.

Did I mention that having a magnifying hood lens means nobody wants to borrow your hood???

Going to pick up a magnifying lens if for this reason alone.:)

I have that hood, and I just used some of that blue masking tape to hold a magnifier lense in place.
I have a second hood without that I use for stick welding.
That ill work and I may give this method a try myself. Improvise. :thumbsup:

/ Which MIG wire is the best. #30  
I haven't had any issues with that Radnor wire