Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74
  1. #21
    Advertiser Mark @ Everlast's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,907
    Location
    South GA

    Default Re: What caused this

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock knocker View Post
    You know what works really well? Go to the store you bought it from, mumbling about getting all their business addresses, etc for the small claims action you're going to take, because they are the local representative of the manufacturer.

    Actually, the manufacturer is probably trying to bluff you. Ask them to define what over firing is, have them show you in the manual where this is discussed, warned against and defined; and ask them how they prove you over fired it.

    Do it all by letter.

    They'll wilt
    I'd be willing to bet that over firing was in the manual. I've been around a lot of wood stoves. Everyone I have seen says it. Even my fireplace (prefab type) says it in it's instruction manual....warns of cracking brick etc if too large of fires are built. And from the looks of things, there's been a few hot fires in that fire place. The best thing to do is repair it, reinforce it if possible, and forget about it until the other side does the same thing.

    It wouldn't be too hard to prove overfiring, by looking at stress on some metals, consumption of others, and even discoloration in hidden places. They probably could prove it if pushed, IF that is the case.
    Mark Lugo
    Everlast Welders
    http://www.everlastgenerators.com/

    Need a welder? Give me a call at (877) 755-9353 ext 204!

  2. #22
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,972
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shield Arc View Post
    HEY! Lets not be running down those 120-volt Mig machines! I just bought one.
    Next you'll be telling us how easy it is to use!

  3. #23
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    553
    Location
    SE Minnesota
    Tractor
    John Deere 4720 Cab

    Default Re: What caused this

    My Pacific Energy stove did the same thing but on the top. Of course, I was told even though there is a lifetime warranty there would be no coverage because I "over fired" it. I doubt many wood stove manufacturers pay out warranty claims because they get that waiver should a claim arise. Pacific Energy was willing to offer me a $100 credit on a new stove but that was it.

    I will be replacing the stove this fall but it won't be with a Pacific Energy. I am going to take a serious look at the Blaze King. But I am going to look long and hard at the warranty and try to to them down with respect to "over firing".

  4. #24
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,203
    Location
    Foster, RI
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: What caused this

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast View Post
    I'd be willing to bet that over firing was in the manual. I've been around a lot of wood stoves. Everyone I have seen says it. Even my fireplace (prefab type) says it in it's instruction manual....warns of cracking brick etc if too large of fires are built. And from the looks of things, there's been a few hot fires in that fire place. The best thing to do is repair it, reinforce it if possible, and forget about it until the other side does the same thing.

    It wouldn't be too hard to prove overfiring, by looking at stress on some metals, consumption of others, and even discoloration in hidden places. They probably could prove it if pushed, IF that is the case.
    You are spot on with all of your statements Mark pertaining to "overfiring" In my manual, it sates that if any part of the stove glows red, it is considered over fired. Well my tubes are always glowing even when the fire is damped down all the way. Makes it really easy when they ask"has any part of your stove glowed red". Being the type I am, i'll look you straight in the eye (or in this case straight in the screen) and say "but of course as I have used the stove"

  5. #25
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,203
    Location
    Foster, RI
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: What caused this

    Quote Originally Posted by TCowner View Post
    My Pacific Energy stove did the same thing but on the top. Of course, I was told even though there is a lifetime warranty there would be no coverage because I "over fired" it. I doubt many wood stove manufacturers pay out warranty claims because they get that waiver should a claim arise. Pacific Energy was willing to offer me a $100 credit on a new stove but that was it.

    I will be replacing the stove this fall but it won't be with a Pacific Energy. I am going to take a serious look at the Blaze King. But I am going to look long and hard at the warranty and try to to them down with respect to "over firing".
    Not good to hear as they were going to be my next stove company. I think it prudent to do a web search and Google in "cracked" Blaze King, or Hearthstone or any other manufacturer you are considering. Short of getting a wood burning device that isn't a wood furnace, it might be hard to escape this clause for any wood stove. I can fix this stove but the question remains is t cracked anywhere else that is not so evident. I would have never found these cracks if I did not take off the heat shield to clean it.

  6. #26
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    3,203
    Location
    Foster, RI
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

    Default Re: What caused this

    Quote Originally Posted by Rock knocker View Post
    You know what works really well? Go to the store you bought it from, mumbling about getting all their business addresses, etc for the small claims action you're going to take, because they are the local representative of the manufacturer.

    Actually, the manufacturer is probably trying to bluff you. Ask them to define what over firing is, have them show you in the manual where this is discussed, warned against and defined; and ask them how they prove you over fired it.

    Do it all by letter.

    They'll wilt
    My original dealer is out of business but i would not insinuate litigation with the middleman just trying to make a living. He's at the beck and call of any stove manufacturer. Not o say this would stop anyone else but what I might do is contact my AG's office to fire off a letter to this company. According to what i am reading on the net, that seems to have worked for others. I think they will stonewall as long as they can otherwise. "If any part of the stove glows red" is rather ambiguous as a criteria for over-firing as this one glows red (tubes) at all times.

  7. #27
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,972
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

    Default Re: What caused this

    Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    Well my tubes are always glowing even when the fire is damped down all the way.
    When my stove top temp is below about 600 degrees, my normal burn range, my burn tubes don't glow red. A few times, I have let the stove top temp drift up north of 700 and have noticed the burn tubes start to glow. I always assumed when they said, "If any part glows red," they meant the outside. Metal starts to glow at around 900 degrees, and it's hardly unusual for the inside of the stove to get over 900.

    What's your stove top temperature when your tubes are glowing?

  8. #28
    Elite Member Shield Arc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    4,346
    Location
    Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.
    Tractor
    John Deere, 4200

    Default Re: What caused this

    arrow here is a picture of key holing. When you see this you know for a fact you are getting 100 % penetration!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -keyhole-jpg  


    Miller Dynasty 300.
    Lincoln V350-Pro w/pulse.
    Lincoln LF-72 wire feeder.
    Lincoln SG Spool gun.

    2 Lincoln LN-25.
    1937 IdealArc-300.
    Everlast PowerArc 200.
    Everlast PowerArc 300.
    3 Lincoln SA-200s.
    1800 Ellis saw.
    Hypertherm Powermax 1250, CNC table.
    PROFAX Welding Positioner.
    JD2 model 3.

  9. #29
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    750
    Location
    Sno WA
    Tractor
    JD 950

    Default Re: What caused this

    Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    My original dealer is out of business but i would not insinuate litigation with the middleman just trying to make a living. He's at the beck and call of any stove manufacturer. Not o say this would stop anyone else but what I might do is contact my AG's office to fire off a letter to this company. According to what i am reading on the net, that seems to have worked for others. I think they will stonewall as long as they can otherwise. "If any part of the stove glows red" is rather ambiguous as a criteria for over-firing as this one glows red (tubes) at all times.

    It sounds like some parts do in fact glow red when the stove is normally operated. I would argue that their disclaimer is void because their conditions of voidance are unattainable are normal in everyday usage.

  10. #30
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,972
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

    Default Re: What caused this

    Quote Originally Posted by Shield Arc View Post
    arrow here is a picture of key holing. When you see this you know for a fact you are getting 100 % penetration!
    When I see that, I know for a fact that I'm about to burn through!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Gun RUST....caused by coverings????
    By Boeing in forum Projects
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-07-2013, 10:54 AM
  2. What Caused This??????????
    By dieselscout80 in forum Projects
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 01-24-2011, 08:56 PM
  3. Knee surgery today caused by getting off tractor
    By Podunkadunk in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 06:56 PM
  4. My new L3830...see what you all caused!
    By Redbug in forum Kubota Buying/Pricing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 11:38 AM
  5. School Bus fire caused by ULSD
    By DieselPower in forum Oil, Fuel & Lubricants
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-08-2007, 06:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.