Victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch

/ Victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch #1  

capbuster45

Tractor
1983 Troy bilt garden tiller, Fordson Dexta farm tractor, Kubota BX2230 mower deck, with FEL.
Hi guys, I have an old victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch, the other day when I was cutting a piece of metal it caught fire where the torch fits the handle. I got it out and turned everything off. I need this torch really bad, I read on here that some one had, had a torch rebuilt. Does anyone know where I could look for a reputable rebuilder, and or possible kit? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Capbuster

/ Victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch #2  
All three of my local welding supplies send them out for repair. I'll bet you just need a new o-ring, any welding supply should have them, or get them in a couple days.

/ Victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch #3  
Ditto -> O-rings. May as well change them on any heating or brazing tips you have while you're at it. They are the same as the cutting attachment.

/ Victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch
Thanks Shield Arc, and yomax4. I'll stop by the local welding shop and see if I can get them. What about the question where I can't get the acet to turn off, would buying a new valve clear that up or is there another fix.
Thanks
Mark

/ Victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch #5  
You can try to open the valve all the way..Then tighten the nut gland under the knob 1/8 turn. If that don't work, try 1/4 turn. if the knob turns too hard and or still wont shut down, You will need to have it re-seated. Chances are you just need to tighten the gland nut. Good luck.

/ Victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch
I took my handle, two cutting torches, 2 brazing tips, 1 rose bud, to the man I found in Ohio. He did a great job, they look brand new. He took them all a part, sandblasted, and put all new o-rings, seals, and a valve. He guaranteed them. All for $67.85. I believe I got a good deal and a good repair shop. Thanks for all the help.
Mark/Capp

/ Victor 315 handle with a CA-1050 cutting torch #7  
You might need to get the handle reseated by try O-rings first. Make sure the cutting attachment or tip is snug when attached to the handle. Just hand tight but if it was a little loose, the O-rings might not seal.