Mig - stick - tig multi unit?

/ Mig - stick - tig multi unit?
You:). I feel like I brought a twig to the fight?

Really, most small shop welders do not have such a budget or need. Love to have such a machine but need input on low cost values but nothing HF level:)

/ Mig - stick - tig multi unit? #12  
Well then, for a little more than $800, you can get a Thermal Arc 181i. It is an offshore machine built by/for a well known and respected American name brand, Thermal Dynamic Welding Machines - a member of the Victor family. You can get them cheaper on line, but the price I quoted is a normal LWS (Local Welding Supply) price. Out of the box, you'll have stick and wire capabilities. The machine comes with a flowmeter, so you can MIG as soon as you have a bottle.

A TIG torch will cost you about $100, and an optional foot pedal a little more.

I am very happy with my machine.

I know that Shield Arc has a Everlast machine or two, and he has been happy with that. I suppose those machines are cheaper than the 181i.

Yes, I have read some on that machine. I think they also make a 211i too? I liked the info but have no idea how well it works or what a spool gun would cost?
Would you share?
Thsnks

/ Mig - stick - tig multi unit? #14  
I think a 211 costs upwards of $2000. Out of the normal price range and into the professional range of Blue and Red (Miller and Lincoln).

I've never used a spool gun, but I think you can get a DIY model for ~$200+/-. Sky's the limit on the upper end of what you want to spend

/ Mig - stick - tig multi unit? #15  
Everlast and longevity are much better priced. I think longevity's mts200 is about $1,000 before discount. I'd recommend ever last for service. My experience with longevity wasn't that good and I'm having trouble getting some questions about the equipment answered.

Anyone comment on thermal arc? They have a nice looking multi function welder. Are they better than the everlasting? Longevity? Hobart?
The special little features of arc force and run out I do not understood.
Info?
Just trying to put a concept together on what will truly serve my needs.

/ Mig - stick - tig multi unit? #17  
I have never heard / read a bad word about Thermal Arc. I know some very accomplished weldors who rave about the quality of there arc.

Besides me? I am very happy with my 181.

How much do you want to spend?

Well, I am looking at a machine in the 1000 or less range. I like the idea of a spool gun and gun costs more than that for my Lincoln so I am thinking of a new unit that allows me the spool gun and stick and keep one unit ready for ARGON on a moments notice. I am all about convienance? The 181 has been written up well but more info is great?
Gray

/ Mig - stick - tig multi unit? #20  
So far I love my 181. I've made some furniture, picture frames and repaired a number of things. You'll be a little over $1000 for a 181 with an optional price-point spool gun.