Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD

Default Re: Miller 211 MVP

I wouldn't spend $500 dollars extra to buy local, but in principal, I always try to support local before buying online. They are your neighbors, so to speak; they shop the same places you do, their local taxes benefit you, and if you have a local business, possibly they support you. These are just a few advantages of shopping local. I believe in it, if I can remotely afford it.
    I just bought new tires for the truck, and I could have saved about $10 per tire ordering online. No way is that $10 worth the benefit of loyal service from my tire shop of choice; and in return, that tire shop financially supports a golf tournament that our youth group puts on each year as a fund raiser. Not only that, but that tire shop actually has 3 local businesses, and each of them sponsor us- I really doubt if Tirerack will be a hole sponsor, investing $750 each year into our local youth...
    "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ..." Romans 1:16
    Kubota B7100 HST 4WD
    94 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Tractor
    55 Super John Deere 5303

In my case I have to go at least 50 miles to by localy. The gas and wire and other things I can by in town. But I don't know anyone in town that sells Miller welders. I will drive To by one but the price would have to be very close or better then on line.

Tractor
    John Deere 3320 and 345

I used cyberweld.com as well. I got the welder a couple of days after ordering it.

Veteran Member

I bought my Miller 210 in 2001 and back then they offered a free spool gun with purchase!! At the time it was iffy that I could justify the purchase having just started my business. ???? IT PAID FOR ITSELF IN 3 MONTHS!!
    Two years later I bought a Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter. By then my business was doing well and paid for itself too.
    I bought both from B R who advertises on ebay and they drop shipped from Miller and I had them fast.
    I have never felt like a valued customer with the local welding shops even when I managed a repair shop for a large national company. Salesman was always more interested in keeping his matching belt and shoes clean than answering equipment questions!

Tractor
    Kubota B6100 LS R3039H

Quote Originally Posted by Stimw View Post
    I bought my Miller 210 in 2001 and back then they offered a free spool gun with purchase!! At the time it was iffy that I could justify the purchase having just started my business. ???? IT PAID FOR ITSELF IN 3 MONTHS!!
    Two years later I bought a Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter. By then my business was doing well and paid for itself too.
    I bought both from B R who advertises on ebay and they drop shipped from Miller and I had them fast.
    I have never felt like a valued customer with the local welding shops even when I managed a repair shop for a large national company. Salesman was always more interested in keeping his matching belt and shoes clean than answering equipment questions!
    Wow, free spool gun! That does sound like a good deal. I ended up getting $150 worth of accessories..jacket, gloves, tips, nozzles and wire....stuff I can use!
    2012 LS R3039H, 6' Howse HD Box Blade, 4' Root Grapple, CID Stump Bucket
    1975 Kubota B6100, Craftsman Garden Tractor, eXMark Lazer Z mower.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Iseki TA 247. Husqvarna 54",Gravely Zero, Cub Zero,.Polaris 850 ATV's Stihl 018 026 Pro, 029, 034 Super AV, 039, 044 Mag. Stihl Pole Saw.

There are some better buys on Miller now days. They have lowered the price on 141's 211's and Bobcats just to name a few. This is due to now being " Assenbled in USA " instead of made in USA. I think the price decrease averages about $125.00 on Mig units and about $220 on Engine drives. Nothing better than lowering prices. Unheard of these days.

Tractor
    55 Super John Deere 5303

Well I bought a miller 211 MVP. Ended up buying somewhat locally 45 miles from home. Mississippi welders had the best price I have seen. The welder was 1039.00 so including tax was about a wash. I had to go to Eau Claire anyway so travel didn't come into play. So far I'm learning how to Mig weld. Done a lot of arc and tig but first first I've used a mig.

Tractor
    John Deere 3520, John Deere X749

Tony, it is a great machine. What I love about my mig is how fast it is just to grab it and tack something.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12