Miller 211 MVP

/ Miller 211 MVP #11  
I wouldn't spend $500 dollars extra to buy local, but in principal, I always try to support local before buying online. They are your neighbors, so to speak; they shop the same places you do, their local taxes benefit you, and if you have a local business, possibly they support you. These are just a few advantages of shopping local. I believe in it, if I can remotely afford it.
I just bought new tires for the truck, and I could have saved about $10 per tire ordering online. No way is that $10 worth the benefit of loyal service from my tire shop of choice; and in return, that tire shop financially supports a golf tournament that our youth group puts on each year as a fund raiser. Not only that, but that tire shop actually has 3 local businesses, and each of them sponsor us- I really doubt if Tirerack will be a hole sponsor, investing $750 each year into our local youth...

/ Miller 211 MVP
In my case I have to go at least 50 miles to by localy. The gas and wire and other things I can by in town. But I don't know anyone in town that sells Miller welders. I will drive To by one but the price would have to be very close or better then on line.

/ Miller 211 MVP #13  
I used cyberweld.com as well. I got the welder a couple of days after ordering it.

/ Miller 211 MVP #14  
I bought my Miller 210 in 2001 and back then they offered a free spool gun with purchase!! At the time it was iffy that I could justify the purchase having just started my business. ???? IT PAID FOR ITSELF IN 3 MONTHS!!
Two years later I bought a Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter. By then my business was doing well and paid for itself too.
I bought both from B R who advertises on ebay and they drop shipped from Miller and I had them fast.
I have never felt like a valued customer with the local welding shops even when I managed a repair shop for a large national company. Salesman was always more interested in keeping his matching belt and shoes clean than answering equipment questions!

/ Miller 211 MVP #15  
I bought my Miller 210 in 2001 and back then they offered a free spool gun with purchase!! At the time it was iffy that I could justify the purchase having just started my business. ???? IT PAID FOR ITSELF IN 3 MONTHS!!
Two years later I bought a Miller Spectrum 625 Plasma Cutter. By then my business was doing well and paid for itself too.
I bought both from B R who advertises on ebay and they drop shipped from Miller and I had them fast.
I have never felt like a valued customer with the local welding shops even when I managed a repair shop for a large national company. Salesman was always more interested in keeping his matching belt and shoes clean than answering equipment questions!

Wow, free spool gun! That does sound like a good deal. I ended up getting $150 worth of accessories..jacket, gloves, tips, nozzles and wire....stuff I can use!

/ Miller 211 MVP #16  
There are some better buys on Miller now days. They have lowered the price on 141's 211's and Bobcats just to name a few. This is due to now being " Assenbled in USA " instead of made in USA. I think the price decrease averages about $125.00 on Mig units and about $220 on Engine drives. Nothing better than lowering prices. Unheard of these days.:thumbsup:

/ Miller 211 MVP
Well I bought a miller 211 MVP. Ended up buying somewhat locally 45 miles from home. Mississippi welders had the best price I have seen. The welder was 1039.00 so including tax was about a wash. I had to go to Eau Claire anyway so travel didn't come into play. So far I'm learning how to Mig weld. Done a lot of arc and tig but first first I've used a mig.

/ Miller 211 MVP #18  
Tony, it is a great machine. What I love about my mig is how fast it is just to grab it and tack something.