What's First: Chicken or Egg??

/ What's First: Chicken or Egg?? #1  

rwork

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B6100 LS R3039H
Got my new Miller 211 earlier this week, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. After a bit (quite a bit, I'm sure) of practice, I need to decide what I need to build first, a welding table, or a cart?? I could buy a nice cart with drawers for about $200, but what's the fun in that??
I'm kinda leaning towards the table first, so that I have a good work area to build my cart. Any suggestions??

BTW this little machine is a lot heavier than I expected; close to 100 lbs. Not something I'd want to lug around the shop!
Randy

/ What's First: Chicken or Egg?? #2  
Got my new Miller 211 earlier this week, but haven't had a chance to try it out yet. After a bit (quite a bit, I'm sure) of practice, I need to decide what I need to build first, a welding table, or a cart?? I could buy a nice cart with drawers for about $200, but what's the fun in that??
I'm kinda leaning towards the table first, so that I have a good work area to build my cart. Any suggestions??

BTW this little machine is a lot heavier than I expected; close to 100 lbs. Not something I'd want to lug around the shop!
Randy

Congrats on the new welder! I bought a 252 about a month ago. Build your own cart if you can! Bragging rights are everything!! Check out the welding bench thread lots of good ideas!! I'd build the cart first!!:thumbsup:
Miller :thumbsup:

/ What's First: Chicken or Egg??
Kinda what I was thinking, as well. A table would be a bit easier to layout on the floor. Not quite as much cutting and welding, as would be fabricating a cart. A table would be a little more straight forward design, as compared to designing and fabing a welding cart.

/ What's First: Chicken or Egg?? #6  
Randy, I purchased a Miller 211 back in October and absolutely love it! I've a had chance to weld with 110 and 220. My vote would be build your cart first. Yes the welder is portable but moving it is a lot easier on wheels and you don't have to waste gas disconnecting the bottle every time.

Mike

/ What's First: Chicken or Egg?? #7  
If anyone is interested.... it was the chicken... :)

/ What's First: Chicken or Egg?? #9  
Rwork, the best cart I have used is one I bought at an auction at a local school district for $25. It is the A/V cart used in classrooms and even has the cable hangers with it. There, problem solved, now build your table. black table.jpg

/ What's First: Chicken or Egg?? #10  
If anyone is interested.... it was the chicken... :)

Absolutely the chicken. If the egg came first, who provided incubation???? No Brainer. :cool: