PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #11  
I can see why this thread might be deleted. The OP is on a campaign to undermine a sponsor and a whole class of useable welders (along with any foreign-made item). The same thing happened with Everything Attachments and that thread was deleted. Oh, and EA makes their attachments in the U.S.A. so that is not the issue.

Kudos to the OP for trying the machine before making comments that he "needs to say" (rather than "wants to say"). Is it a warning? Is it an insult to farmers?

Farmers don't weld every day like a "professional Pipe Welder". Some don't want to "bite the bullet" and spend a lot of money on something that is used a few times per month. Any company looking to fill this niche is wisely created. Longevity, Everlast, and even Harbor Freight fill the bill along with others.

I own two Everlast products, a PA 200 and a PowerPlasma 70. Both have been used for two years at a rate that a professional weldor might use them in two weeks. They have performed very well and have convinced me that spending several thousand dollars more for the same combination from well-known brands would have been foolish. If they go down after their 5 year warranty then they can be replaced with new and I'd still be ahead. Repeat for 3 more replacement periods.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #12  
I can see why this thread might be deleted. The OP is on a campaign to undermine a sponsor and a whole class of useable welders (along with any foreign-made item).

I dont see it that way at all.If it is deleted it will be for all the wrong reasons.

He's posted his experiences with the product. That product was substandard in his opinion and we have a right to hear it.

Everlast likes to control the message. The reason you dont find negative experiences on the welding forums they sponsor should be glaringly obvious. Many threads have been deleted when people post less than positive opinions of their product. It's easy for the sponsor to write off everything negative as "bashing" and have the thread gone. This keeps their "internet rep" intact. This is precisely why I think it is a conflict of interest to allow a single manufacturer to sponsor the entire forum for the type of product they make, not a merely a subforum dedicated to their brand.

Everlast has taken to the internet and knows just how important it is to kill any negative posts in this day and age. They also are quite familiar with "Astroturfing". Look it up if you aren't familiar with the term.

I agree with Buckgnarly above. Its gotten so bad with the shills and hucksters around here that I hardly ever offer advise in "What welder to buy" threads. Its just not worth the time to debate them anymore, which is exactly the way Everlast wants it.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #15  
I got to run his replacement machine last week. Really nice machine with 7018. Started him on some overhead welding. Couple of my overhead welds I got the slag to peel up like a scorpion's tail.:D
I'd say his Longevity Stickweld 250 is a touch better with 7018 than my Everlast PA-200, but with 6010 I'd say the PA-200 has a little bit of an advantage.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #16  
rjmack's original complaint was that it WON'T do 6010...but I also followed up with him at the time and referred him then to Canada to resolve any issue over a year ago I believe. He bought the unit as a practice unit to pass plates with, if I remember right. He made some earlier comments about it not being able to and I contacted him in an email. My comments below center around a statement he made in the open forum.

I think rj's issue is lack of follow-up with Everlast Canada. The old saying is true...You can lead a horse to water....
And at the time I remember Jean telling me the same thing Duncan said, that they didn't hear anything back from him.

Quote Originally Posted by rjmack
Quote Originally Posted by Mark @ Everlast
Hey,
What's up with your welder. You know they are rated for 6010. NEVER had a complaint. Which one do you have. I am trying to remember when you bought it. I haven't heard anything out of you further about it. Can't fix what we don't know.

the machine isn't suitable for putting 6010 roots in carbon pipe. we have discussed this before.

I can tell you we have guys putting in pipe roots with it. So, either something is amiss in the machine, or with the work clamp as I described before. Or maybe you haven't figured out the machine and the way the inverter works. We've got a lot of pros using these things. I'd talk with Everlast Canada. They should be able to make it right. But please don't tell people it isn't capable when you haven't tried to get it seen about. If yours won't, then get it seen about...because they as many guys here have attested to WILL. I have two of them, both styles, and worked up a many of test plate with them no problems. We have sold thousands now, and yours is the first that won't.

Edit:
I've personally sold dozens to various pros. I have sold them in multiple qty's to replace other name brands for construction welding for use in building large hotels, and other buildings. We've sold them in multiple quantities to welding schools etc. Rj's beliefs are incorrect. And the issue with sending your money overseas is NO different than buying from any other welder company based in the US (or Canada) as Everlast is. That logic does not hold up either. Everlast is based in the US not China. We use Chinese companies just like TA, ESAB, Lincoln and Miller. All of Lincolns inverters last time I checked are built in Italy by another company, which are composed with a high amount of chinese components. Additionally, most of the major components in our units are from US based companies. They, like most electronic components are made in China, Korea, Japan or similar asian country..even though they have the US name on it, like Texas instruments, xysys, fairchild, intersis, etc.

Last edited:
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #17  
I got to run his replacement machine last week. Really nice machine with 7018. Started him on some overhead welding. Couple of my overhead welds I got the slag to peel up like a scorpion's tail.:D
I'd say his Longevity Stickweld 250 is a touch better with 7018 than my Everlast PA-200, but with 6010 I'd say the PA-200 has a little bit of an advantage.
How would you compare his stickweld 250 to your green light sa 200? Shorthood? Redface?

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine
I got to run his replacement machine last week. Really nice machine with 7018. Started him on some overhead welding. Couple of my overhead welds I got the slag to peel up like a scorpion's tail.

This post is not related in any way to my situation, I don't have a longevity welder, nor do I intend to buy one. I'll bet a dollar ShieldArc has an undeclared financial interest in selling these machines and is acting as a determined shill on that basis. That's a basic component of most of these sorts of scams, you need people pretending to be objective parties singing the praises of whatever is being hustled.

He bought the unit as a practice unit to pass plates with, if I remember right.

Not true, I never said that... convenient of you to remember it that way though.

I phoned Everlast with this problem, they told me the guy to talk to had a death in the family and he would call me back next week, I said okay. After waiting 6-8 weeks for a return phone call, I called them again... again, the guy was not there. The woman told me they didn't stock parts, but would replace the machine but they didn't have any in stock right now and the next container wouldn't be arriving for 3-4 months. I live in BC and the Everlast Canada office/container is in Ontario.

Like I said to begin this thread, these are cheap - limited capability machines backed by... well... really not much of anything. When they quit working, you throw them away.

I can't believe people are so soon to forget timeless truth's... "you get what you pay for"

I don't believe for one second that there are pro's using these things. I certainly have never seen one, and I really don't believe I ever will.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #19  
SA doesn't get a dime or any consideration.
My mistake on thinking you were using it for that. That was another customer. What in fact were you using it for?

As far as I know they have always stocked parts. When you are far away like that, sometimes shipping a welder is the best idea, because of the "unknowns".
And as far as the last statement, you have ruined your credibility with it. You yourself claimed to be a professional. We've got many like you with a "positive" experience?
You think you are the only one to consider and purchase one of our products that is a professional welder out of 10's of thousands sold? lol.

Again, Duncan has extended his help here...and as my published email hints, they do go out of their way to make things right. If they dropped the ball, well, go look on the miller forums and you'll find plenty of people carping about one dropped ball or the other. It happens. I don't think they did, but if they did, there's No excuse for it other than people are human. But again, they will make it right.

And exactly what do you mean by limited capability? Really? Compared to what? A Maxstar? You pay much more, for much less, and don't get the 6010 performance, which you claim the PA200 doesn't have, but shield arc and others have proved otherwise. You are making general negative statements, without making any direct comparisons for contrast.
And here, I make a 6010 pass with a PA 200..PowerARC 160 and 200 - Stick SMAW Welder - 6010 Burning Capability - Everlast PowerARC Welder - YouTube

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #20  
This post is not related in any way to my situation, I don't have a longevity welder, nor do I intend to buy one. I'll bet a dollar ShieldArc has an undeclared financial interest in selling these machines and is acting as a determined shill on that basis. That's a basic component of most of these sorts of scams, you need people pretending to be objective parties singing the praises of whatever is being hustled.

I don't believe for one second that there are pro's using these things. I certainly have never seen one, and I really don't believe I ever will.

While Shield Arc certainly does not need me to defend him, you sir, and I use that term oh so loosely, have now proven that your sole and only goal is not to get to the bottom of what your problem is or may be, but to bash someone/some company due to your own inadequacies.

As the owner of that aforementioned Longevity Stickweld 250 I can certainly tell you that Shield Arc has no interest in "selling these machines"; the last thing he can be described as is a shill for Longevity or Everlast. He is retired professional welder who has volunteered to help different individuals learn how to improve or develop their welding skills with absolutely nothing to gain. I am a recipient of his training/instruction and value the learning opportunity very much. He told me once, that he had a lot of folks help him when he was starting out and now it was time for him to help others." He is a man of integrity that has strong opinions and is not afraid to voice them. He has made some negative comments at times about both company's equipment but he has also paid them positive comments when they are due as well. Do you understand what balance is? Why don't you read the link he posted up above and I have re-posted.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/welding/270875-update-my-stickweld-250-a.html

I have no knowledge of whether either company has or does not have the ability to repair their machines. To you the end user why do you care that much either way. If the company stands behind the product and makes it right then they make it right and you are made whole. You have failed to respond by Everlast's accounting to their attempts to help you solve your issue and as they have tried to help you in this thread you show no interest in anything other than whining. Contact Everlast Canada and keep calling them until you get the right person and if they do not help then complain but keep calling.

You stated they said they would call you back in a week and 6-8 weeks later you called again. WHY DID YOU WAIT IF THEY DID NOT CALL BACK AFTER 7 DAYS THEN CALL THEM ON THE 8th DAY. Your actions by your own admission have prevented them from adequately solving your problem.

People like you really push my buttons as you see yourself as a victim. Get up and solve your own problems be proactive, otherwise call 1-800-WHINE.

Rant off.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.