PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #21  
Perhaps the poster is used to not getting his money's worth or to him what would not be his money's worth. Even so, to make an unfounded assumption on a respected member of this forum is intolerable in my mind. Even if it were true, the claim is still unfounded and still falls in the spurious accusation territory. If one is making a statement questioning the integrity of another member, it at least needs proof and if there is none, it is worse than vaporous to have such a false accusation leveled on anyone. The op would bet a "dollar" if this shill thing is happening. I would say that if that is all your guess is worth, then why make the statement? Now if you care to bet your house on your claim, it makes your assumption much more worthy don't you think?

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #22  
This thread is above my skil set but I will say Shield Arc helped me a year or two back and with his advice I became a better hobby welder. I cannot imagine him biased.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #23  
I'll bet a dollar ShieldArc has an undeclared financial interest in selling these machines and is acting as a determined shill on that basis.
Hey pal, I call em as I see em. I could care less what brand machine anybody buys. I have my opinions, and ideas of what I want in a machine, all I do here is voice my opinion, if someone here doesn't take it, that is fine with me. My only link to Everlast is here with Mark. I like and respect Mark, but as he says I don't make a dime off Everlast, I've even poked fun at Mark that I should at least get ball cap out of him. Didn't even get that!
If your having trouble putting in roots with your PA-200, there is something wrong with it. I wouldn't make a pimple on a real pipe weldor's a $ $, but I have no problems rooting with my PA-200. These pictures may not be up to your standards but I don't think there to bad for a structural weldor.

I can certainly tell you that Shield Arc has no interest in "selling these machines"; the last thing he can be described as is a shill for Longevity or Everlast.
Thanks bud! ;)

Attachments

• 3A.jpg
    3A.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 9A.jpg
    9A.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 223
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #24  
How would you compare his stickweld 250 to your green light sa 200? Shorthood? Redface?
Didn't mean to pass you by, but had to take care of something first.
I'd say with 6010 it is really close, but I'd say the Stickweld 250 runs 7018 better than my green light.
The 250 doesn't hold a candle to my short hoods with 6010, but runs 7018 better. Now it is just plain hard to beat a Red Face machine!:D But the 250 will give my Red Face machines a run for there money with 7018.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #25  
Didn't mean to pass you by, but had to take care of something first.
I'd say with 6010 it is really close, but I'd say the Stickweld 250 runs 7018 better than my green light.
The 250 doesn't hold a candle to my short hoods with 6010, but runs 7018 better. Now it is just plain hard to beat a Red Face machine!:D But the 250 will give my Red Face machines a run for there money with 7018.
Thanks! I was just wondering how close the arc is to them. I am planning on getting a sa 200 before too long. I would love redface, based on how much good I have heard, but they cost so much with the pipeliners still preferring them. I think the short hood suits my vintage taste best, and based on looks it is my favourite. The blackface/greenlight is the one I am least drawn to, but the only one I have a hope of affording any time soon... :(

If only I knew anyone with a short hood for sale... (darn collectors... :p)

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #26  
Thanks! I was just wondering how close the arc is to them. I am planning on getting a sa 200 before too long. I would love redface, based on how much good I have heard, but they cost so much with the pipeliners still preferring them. I think the short hood suits my vintage taste best, and based on looks it is my favourite. The blackface/greenlight is the one I am least drawn to, but the only one I have a hope of affording any time soon... :(

If only I knew anyone with a short hood for sale... (darn collectors... :p)

The short hoods are best suited for 6010! They are only so, so with 7018. The Red Face machine do alright with 6010, but not as good as a short hood. I suspect it has something to do with the difference in RPM. The Red Face machines really shine with 7018! My opinion, don't waste your money on a green light machine! If you run across a good deal on a Lincoln 305-G, my buddy has one, it welds every bit as nice as either one of my Red Face machines. Now I wouldn't show up on a pipe line with a 305-G in the back of my truck!:eek:

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #27  
Well, I guess I will wait for a shorthood, or possibly red face. I am not sure which would be better for pipe lining, they both have their points. I am not sure if the better 6010 for root passes would make up for the not so good 7018 on pipe welding. Which would you choose if you were going to work on a pipeline?

(maybe I should take a roadtrip to your place, and see for my self... Wonder how big a crowbar I would need to pry a shorthood from your hands LOL :laughing::thumbsup:)

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #28  
What little I know about pipe line work, which is strange. My dad use to be a pipe line welding inspector. But I was a very small kid when he did this. I do remember going to work with him in the summer, but I can't remember what kind of machines they had. Any way I would say the short hood would be the best. You might PM "slow hand" over on Welding Web and ask him. He is a really nice guy, I'm sure he will tell you what is best.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #29  
Can you put the remote amperage box on the short hood?

Status
Not open for further replies.