PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #31  
I want one. I want one.

No I want two.

You have got me sold on the short hood. Let me know if you ever decide you have too many.. LOL ;):laughing:

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #32  
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #33  
I don't know how you can accuse Mark of being a high pressure sales person. As far as I can tell, he mostly answers questions, contributes to threads, and waits for business to come to him. He talked to me on the phone for about 20 minutes giving me specs on units and prices, but he never pressured me to purchase at all.

And accusing SA of being a shill? Now I know you must be new here.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #34  
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #35  
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #36  
I need some fresh, not rotted through skins for mine....any one care to donate a hood or side panels?lol. (also a electronic idler)

I've been told that mine is a 58 "blue" face.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #37  
Was reading this thread and wow! The OP should give Everlast a chance to see if they can resolve the problem with his welder. It's obvious a PA200 can do open root 6010 if it's working right. Shield Arc getting paid by Everlast:laughing: Now that there's funny, I don't care who you are:) If it was a POS, he'd tell you in a second and he's got several high end machines to compare it to. The OP talks about getting what you pay for. Buy a Miller machine for the same price and see how you like it?

Pipe welding is almost another trade in itself, well at least pipelining is. Most manual pipeline welding is done with XX10 rods downhand and it's completely different than uphand open root pipe welding. My former neighbor did a lot of pipeline. The pipe has a small land and is butted right together without a gap. You burn the root in and it burns away the land becoming part of the root. Then you go to larger rods and burn them fairly hot for the fill and cap. This is where having the right machine makes a difference. The right machine allows the gap to fill up more instead of leaving a flatter bead. More fill means less passes. My neighbor had a primo 1957 short hood he really liked for pipeline. He sold it with his old truck because he was offered $5500 for it. He bought a new Lincoln Diesel classic and couldn't get it to stack the bead like his 57. The Lincoln Classic series and the new pipeliner 200D use the copper windings and generator frame of the 60's red face machines but aren't quite as good. Apparently the new SAE 300 with dual continuous control is an excellent pipeline welder. Probably not as good as a short hood but pretty close. There were a lot of green light machines used on pipeline as well. The biggest complaint was pipelining is high production and the green light light machines with aluminum shunt coils wouldn't keep the same heat like the older machines with copper shunt coils. As they heated up, you had to turn your amps up to compensate but if you stopped for lunch or a break, you'd have to turn the machine back down again. This could be a pain. A good welder could use any DC machine and still get x-ray quality welds.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #38  
Sounds like you know what you're talking about

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine
Hmnn... how to go about pawning off some cheap chinese crap on unsuspecting farmers?

#1 Get street cred. Buy up some old credible welding machines and use them as a proximity to authority.

#2 Shamelessly and favorably compare cheap chinese junk to credible welding machines from a position of authority, which is assumed by owning both of course.

#3 Use shills on the inside, who pretend to be outside of the financial interest envelope, and who also have street cred based on proximity/ownership to highly regarded welding machines.

#4 Use the internet to reach mass audience from platform which can be ultimately controlled via website sponsorship.

#5 Make millions duping the masses.

There is a reason that arbitrage of financial markets was outlawed... unfortunately, bankers don't seem to have the same moral dilemma with the arbitrage of labour markets.

"Always look for the fool in the deal. If you don't find one, it's you". - Mark Cuban

There is no doubt the floggers of everlast, longevity, freedomgoodproduct etc will get the last word... they are paying for it. (out of your pocket)

Support your global bankers, and by all means, enjoy your Goodhealthandprosperityeveryday quality chinese products :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #40  
Hmnn... how to go about pawning off some cheap chinese crap on unsuspecting farmers?

You're going to call it censorship, but I can see why threads like this get killed. You're going nowhere, contributing nothing, and just spewing unfounded accusations. You said, "there are some things I need to say," and now you've said them several times over. How about now you STFU and let the rest of us "shills" and "farmers" get back to sticking metal together?

What you fail to realize is that there is a burgeoning market for budget welders, and Everlast, Longevity, and their ilk are filling that need. If it wasn't for Everlast, I never in my life would have been able to afford to own a pedal/HF TIG unit. I never in my life would have been able to afford an inverter stick welder with all the neat arc control features they have. Because of Everlast, I get to have those experiences--at all. You're a big-shot professional welder and you want Red or Blue? Good for you. Go buy Red or Blue and write it off on your taxes. I don't get to do that, and I don't earn money with my welder either. What you're saying is that anybody who can't afford to pay for the big names shouldn't ever get to weld with those technologies, and that's BS.

In closing, let me refer you to this article about "The Innovator's Dilemma," which may be relevant to this conversation: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2012/05/14/120514fa_fact_macfarquhar Maybe the "big names" had better start watching their backs.

Status
Not open for further replies.