PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #1  

rjmack

Platinum Member
Tractor
GC2410
I realize the salesman pressure on this board is out of this world, and there is no doubt this post will be tagteamed by shills, and I'm probably not going to change anything about how business is done here, but there are some things that I need to say.

Firstly, most farmers are not welders, thus they are vulnerable to huckster type high pressure salesmen when it comes to welding machines. Second, Everlast machines are super cheap. The adage 'you get what you pay for' cannot be dismissed. You pay very little for an Everlast, and that is exactly what you get.

Not to mention the fact that you are undermining your own, very heavily indebted, Country by buying this stuff.

Issues I have experienced with my PA200 are legitimate. One problem is that though there is much talk on this board about customer service, the reality is that there is absolutely no parts system in place and 'service' amounts to getting a replacement unit shipped from 4000 miles away "when the next container comes in".

As far as I'm concerned I should have just bit the bullet and bought a decent Miller or Lincoln and got something that I can rely on as far as both parts and service go. The PA200 is not a quality unit and I really don't believe there are professionals using these things. In spite of the bluster and spin, you are not going to get service or parts for these machines... certainly not in Canada anyways.

I am a professional Pipe Welder and I cannot overstate it, if you buy an Everlast, you are getting something that is built cheap, designed to meet minimal standards, and when it calves, you will be ponying up for a new one of some sort. If a cheap, throw away, welding machine is what you are looking for, then by all means...

Let the flaming begin.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #2  
Definitely one point of view. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, just saying. I recently priced an entry level TIG welder, and I wanted an inverter for the small size.

The Miller Dynasty 200 (I wanted AC capability for aluminum) basic model with a TIG torch, foot pedal, and stick leads was well over $5000 CDN. I'm still not sure whether that included the MVP plugs to use on either 110V and 220V or not.

The equivalent Everlast was about $1300.

Ridiculous gap in pricing. I really feel for the guys that need a high quality "industrial strength" welder to do their job with.

It's no wonder they're selling them hel* west and crooked at that price. I can buy 4 of them for the price of one Miller. I decided to keep my MIG machine (Miller 180) and use that with a spool gun for aluminum.

Sean

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #3  
Uh-oh.......this thread won't last:rolleyes:

I will agree though OP, I mentioned used Miller/Hobart or Lincoln a while back when asked what to buy, got flamed for it, yet the OP had issues with his Everlast....the irony was lost on some I think. I have since learned not to touch the subject here, it's a lesson in futility IMHO.

I will back away slowly now.....:laughing::thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #4  
News..The new Miller BobCats, 211 autoset, 141 etc. Suddenly labeled " Assembled in USA " That leaves no USA manufacturer for welders that I know of. I just noticed the new labels last week.. Can't say that i'm surprised. This is just an FYI, nothing more.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #5  
News..The new Miller BobCats, 211 autoset, 141 etc. Suddenly labeled " Assembled in USA " That leaves no USA manufacturer for welders that I know of. I just noticed the new labels last week.. Can't say that i'm surprised. This is just an FYI, nothing more.

Miller only recently changed the labels on machines with less than 95% USA made content to comply with federal labeling rules. Im not real happy about it, but I'd sooner see Assembled in USA of US and Foreign components then Assembled in china with chinese components.

Our machines are designed and manufactured in Appleton, Wis. Our manufacturing processes have not changed, but the FTC closely regulates the use of the phrase 溺ade in the U.S.A., and the guidelines have become more stringent. Miller uses a guideline that a product must meet a 95 percent level of U.S. components before we will label it as 溺ade in the U.S.A. Almost all complex manufactured products contain many small components that are not of U.S. origin.

According to the Federal Trade Commission, in order for a product to qualify as "Made in the USA" it must,

"be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. The term "United States," as referred to in the Enforcement Policy Statement, includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories and possessions. What does "all or virtually all" mean?
"All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no or negligible foreign content."

For more on this topic, visit their website: http://business.ftc.gov/documents/bu...e-usa-standard

Where is my "Made in USA" label on my Dynasty700? - Page 5

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #6  
Neverlast got to keep up their internet reputation..

Thread locked and disappeared in 5..4..3..2..

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #7  
I am happy with my longevity, but my next machine will be another Lincoln. Goodluck lasting on a pipeline job with ANY import. (or even a miller...)

Nothing like Lincoln electric.

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #8  
rjmack what issues are you having with you PA-200?:confused3:

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #9  
This is my first post here as I do not normally visit chat forums ,but I was told about the Canadian content and the problem that rjmack seems to be having.
I have been away for the last 2 weeks working at the factory and I have only returned this weekend carrying a flu bug with me so I have not been able to confirm the issues that rjmack is having. However I find it strange that it is stated there are no parts available in Canada when in fact I carry a full range of parts and we have replacement units in stock for this model.
If this unit was purchased in Canada then I will gladly send out what ever replacement boards you require to get you up and running. If however you purchased it outside of Canada then you need to deal directly with your sales office.
As for problems with this model here in Canada to date we have had one problem with a LED Readout failing so I am sure I would have been told if a second unit had failed while I was away.
Rjmack if you did in fact purchase it from a Canadian location please contact our Office to get this resolved
Thanks
Duncan
Everlast Welders Canada
905 637 1637

/ PA200 Throw Away Welding Machine #10  
Quick update
I called Jean in the Office and she updated me on this .
Jean checked her files and has told me you called sometime in the beginning of 2012 stating that you had a problem with the 6010 port. Jean asked you to call back to speak to me and you never called back. Jean then called you to follow up on the issue and you told her at that time the problem was resolved. We have not heard back from you until this post .
Please contact the office tomorrow so we can resolve this
Thanks
Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.