LINCOLN 225

/ LINCOLN 225 #41  
Idealarc TM's are OK but I highly doubt you'll have enough power to run it unless you live in an industrial area. Most residential power is 100 amps. You won't need that much if you're burning smaller rods but it will still suck the power. I sure wouldn't want the power bill:hissyfit::shocked: It's also a huge machine that will be a real pain if you ever have to move it. Why are you so dead set against an inexpensive inverter? Although an Idealarc TM 400/400 welds nice enough, in this day and age it's a boat anchor, not just any boat anchor either. It could anchor the Oasis of the seas. I doubt any parts are available for it either. You're going from one extreme to the other and totally ignoring what would best suit your needs.

/ LINCOLN 225 #42  
You can lead horses to water, but the drinking is another matter entirely.

/ LINCOLN 225 #44  
I am far from an expert in any way on welding as Shield Arc can attest. However I am learning through his help. However having put forth that disclaimer I will say that anyone wanting to purchase a welding unit without breaking the bank should look at a very nice inverter which is the Stickweld 250.

It has been previously mentioned in this thread and the OP has discounted it. I believe that is/was a mistake.

It is a very nice unit with a very good duty cycle. No one has tried to pretend that it is US made or assembled but it is a welder that deserves a close look at for anyone considering an inverter who does not have a gold mine in their back yard. In addition it has a very nice response when used as a scratch start TIG power supply and you can get yourself set up for scratch start TIG quite inexpensively.

/ LINCOLN 225 #45  
I am far from an expert in any way on welding as Shield Arc can attest. However I am learning through his help.
But some students make their teacher look really really good!;)
Some of your first vertical up with 7018 on the Stickweld 250.:thumbsup:

Attachments

• F7018 VU.JPG
    F7018 VU.JPG
    238.1 KB · Views: 146
  • F7018 VU2.JPG
    F7018 VU2.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 192
   / LINCOLN 225
I was about to buy an inverter. I contact Everlast for pricing and I got my answer in less than 15 min. :thumbsup:
Is been a week since I contact Longevity, 2 days ago they said that I will get my answer yesterday,
today still waiting.:thumbdown:

/ LINCOLN 225
500 I was about to pull the trigger for it
Got the Lincoln for half of the price

/ LINCOLN 225 #50  
That's for a PA 300 amp or a 160sth with tig...PA 200 is half that...and less than half the power consumption. 200 amps is all most people will every weld at, including most professionals.